1983 Block logos

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suki

Reaction score
In a further attempt to help with authentication, I have noticed one thing: the block logo springy and goldstars appear to have the logo and text stencilled, rather than applied by means of a decal. The surface of the logo is above the lacquer and appears to be a little rough.

I have a few of these guitars and they all appear to be the same - does anyone have any that are different?

Another question: how were these applied? the appear to be spray painted.

Suki

1983 block logo Springys and Goldies seem to have a 3 piece transfer(decal) main logo applied over the finish.
TOKAI
GOLDSTAR SOUND or SPRINGY SOUND
MADE IN JAPAN BY ROCK AND ROLL FANATICS
The legend" made in japan by roll and roll fanatics" persisted on 83 Script logo Goldiies
until the one piece script logo became available and it was replaced by "The quality musical instruments of the world"Gabe.

Thanks Gabe, this confirms what I'm seeing: the text GOLDSTAR SOUND and SPRINGY SOUND are distinctly separate from the logo.

They also feel kind of funny to the touch, sort of rough. It's as if maybe the ink was spray painted onto the waterslide instead of printed. It has a definite texture to it that I haven't noticed on any other type of decal..

Suki

I've got three of these block-logo guitars, so I could check a bit later. From memory it seems almost as if they were a rather clumsy Letraset (but I'm sure they are not).

To be honest, I doubt they are every likely to be fakes, as anyone going to the effort would fake a 7okai logo instead.

Latest posts

Back