LS WeightWatchers!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wishbonz

Reaction score
Recently acquired 1980 Reborn Old LS50GT, apart from a lightweight Faber stop/tail piece, locking Faber bridge and Gibson Burstbuckers its not been messed with - its not chambered or had any weight relief - it weighs a staggering 3.4kg (7lb 8oz) checked on 2 sets of digital scales, (weighs same as my ST80 Springy) - is this some kind of record? Plays and sounds amazing BTW.
IMG_0205.jpg

Amazing! I think it is a record.
Does it have an even acoustical spectrum (enough bass?)

PS ink serial or normal production?

Its an impressed serial no. It has great natural resonance and sustain right across the board, well balanced tonally - the BurstBuckers (1 & 2) suit it very well. The neck is 1 piece, I know the back has to be 2 piece but I've struggled to see any join at all. It does have the shallower neck angle.

****, I'm jealous. I've got a '79 GT LS50 that weighs a ton. I can't play it standing up cause my foot goes numb almost immediately. But it does sound incredible.

That really is an awesome piece of Tokai and I would grab it if I were you!! You don?t see many of those around as they are sold out the minute that they come up for sale!! This one looks in top condition and taken well care of and I am sure that it?s worth every cent you spent on it!!

This has to be a record. I've never seen anything in the 7lb range.
I have an LS50 just like that one but it weighs 9.6 lbs.
Great guitar!

Phantom

Latest posts

Back