Help with Dating Tokai Goldstar Sound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodenpearls

Reaction score
Hi:

I just picked up this guitar (for next to nothing!) - it needs a little work - some of the pots are loose, belt rash, etc. but overall in pretty good shape.

My question is - how do I determine exactly how old it is and the model number? I believe it's a 1984 but can't say for sure. There's a 50 in an oval sticker on the base of the neck and a 5 digit number stamped on neck plate. I'm not a coder so I don't know how to post an image.

Any help is appreciated.[/img]

You have to load your pictures on a free hosting site like www.photobucket.com.... once there, you can copy and paste the images here

Well, hopefully this works!

tokai.gif

SN.gif

DSCN0052.jpg

I agree...With the cluson style tuners and the staggered pole pieces in the pickups it's an ST50...headstock decal puts it at 83-84. Definitely pre 1985.

Thanks for your answers.

Any idea what type of finish these had? It looks like a polyurethane but I'm not sure. There's all kinds of little dings on the front of it and it looks like it might have been dragged over concrete on one edge. I'd like to fix these but don't want to make matters worse...

Back