Is this a good buy; reborn LS50?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjoerdo

Reaction score
Hi, since this is my first post let me start by introducing myself.

Im Sjoerd from the Netherlands and have been playing guitar for quite some years now. I now play a Ibanez edr which I bought some 10 years ago and I really love this guitar.

However, I always had a soft spot for Les Paul models and since my birtday is coming up (turning thirty :cry: :wink: ) I though I'd treat myself to a birthday year Les Paul guitar.

I've found a Tokai Reborn Old from 1979 on which I would like some information and opinions by the experts;
- Is this a 1979 model or later since it says Reborn old and not les paul reborn on the head? (serial nr. is 00009253)
- Is it worth it's price, the guy wants abouts 900 dollars for it (considering the damages and suchs)

Sorry for the poor pic quality;
11kb58p.jpg

zyg0wl.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Sjoerd

its 1980 and its too much for one in that condition

pay more and go for an LS-80 1979-1981 correct headstock angle, nitro and one piece back, the 50 has none of these..

villager said:
its 1980 and its too much for one in that condition

pay more and go for an LS-80 1979-1981 correct headstock angle, nitro and one piece back, the 50 has none of these..

Thanks for your reply.

I kind of figured it was too much...

Any ideas on where to find old Tokais?

here in the Netherlands they are rare...

BluePat said:
I think he'd be fortunate to get half that for it, she's led a haaard life... :cry:

Sure did, but that is part of the appeal I guess.

She was bought in Japan, where she'd been stripped for parts. The guy bought her and started collecting all the missing parts, redid the frets etc.

sjoerdo said:
Sure did, but that is part of the appeal I guess.

She was bought in Japan, where she'd been stripped for parts. The guy bought her and started collecting all the missing parts, redid the frets etc.

There doesn't look to be an original part on the guitar at all, the tuners, ABR, pickup rings and scratchplate are all wrong! It's a piece of junk, don't waste your money!

JohnA said:
There doesn't look to be an original part on the guitar at all, the tuners, ABR, pickup rings and scratchplate are all wrong! It's a piece of junk, don't waste your money!

I have some spare pickup rings......

:lol:

Back