Pictures of Tokai LS-200 1980

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Svedje

Reaction score
A while ago I posted some pictures of my LS-200 and was asked to post a few more taken in better light/daylight. So here they are, I haven?t taken pics of the cavities yet but will open it up once I have the time to let my guitarhealer do a setup, but I have no rush ..she plays just beautiful as she is.

These pre -83 LS-200 guitars seem to be rare as a hens tooth, so if there are any other LS-200?s out there I would appreciate pictures of them, that is i?m aware of Marks -79, Gottfrieds -81, and I recall having seen a quilted one here on the forum as well? And there is this guy in Japan in the LS-200 link on Classifieds that has one or two...wonder how many there are out there?

Best Regards
Mikael Karlsson / Sweden
IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_2507.jpg

Thank you for all the nice comments!
Maybe It?s time for the Tokais to get their own burst names...since Gibson have the Brock-Da Pra Burst and others ...So with Marks permission(hope it?s OK Mark?) I therefore name it the Fletcher-Karlsson Burst :D :D

Best Regards
Mikael Karlsson

Hello Volker!

I actually opened up the front cavity a few minutes ago and the pickups are Dimarzios
"Dimarzio pickups MADE IN USA" on the back and they seem to have the original soldering...also Mark once sold it to me as 100% original so I
haven?t even checked until just now when my curiosity took over :D

Best Regards
Mikael

PS I could also see that tenon is the "short version" just as expected DS

togps said:
Svedje said:
.... PS I could also see that tenon is the "short version" ....
How come you to that term??

Hello togps!

Hope i?m replying to the right thing now, so that your question was not for how Volker came to that term regarding the pickups? :)

If you wear referring to the short tenon....then I obviously could see, when opening it up, that it was like every other pre -82 Tokai LS I have seen, in other words short tenon

Best Regards
Mikael

villager said:
its actually normal tenon and long tenon.

OK, thanks for the explanation

It?s good to use the same terms so there is no confusion....As for Gibbies I had only heard the vocabulary long and short....you live you learn

Best Regards
Mikael :D

Latest posts

Back