Finally it arrived (ST80)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PetJyr

Reaction score
French post 10 days, Japanese post 3 days. 0-1

But now its here and I love it. Thanks Mark for that wonderfull guitar, makes my st60 look like a piece of plywood. Love that V-neck. Here is some pictures of the beaty together with its little brother.

Strmstads-bilder-3226.jpg

Tokai-brothers.jpg

st80-front.jpg

st80-in-case.jpg
[/img]

I think the 3 tone sunburst is the 60 and the 2 color burst is the 80 - which is basically what you said with respect to the graining on each (there are also more photos of the 2 tone than the other :wink: )

Lovely ST80. Can you tell what year it is? Also, does it have tokai stamped saddles or final prospect?

Cheers, Rich.

Thanks. Its a 1980, has Tokai stamped on the saddles. Hard to lay it down, its so nice to play, smooth neck and I really like the V neck.

Nice, that's the best grain pattern I've seen on a Springy. How does it compare to the ST60? Do they both have E pickups?

stratman323 said:
Nice, that's the best grain pattern I've seen on a Springy. How does it compare to the ST60? Do they both have E pickups?

Is that the Springy that was photographed for the magazine article?

marcusnieman said:
Is that the Springy that was photographed for the magazine article?

Both my ST60 & ST80 were photographed for the Guitar & Bass magazine article earlier this year, to illustrate Andrew's article. Incidentally, we still need to get a scan of that article loaded onto the registry for the benefit of new forum members who want to know the basic history of Tokai.

Thats a VERY nice ST-80.ConGrats :lol: and if its off Mark it will be a good one. :wink:

Latest posts

Back