ST-100 questions.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

villager

Reaction score
did ALL ST-100's have gold hardware?
has anyone ever seen a 1 piece bodied ST-80

the reason i ask is I have just got a supposed ST-80, no sticker, with a beautifully grained one piece body, and I have never seen a ST-80 one piece, and I have had 40-50 ST-80's, but it doesnt have gold hardware...

I sold meanwhile 18 pcs. of ST100.
I stock at present time 3 pcs of them.
All feature Gold hardware.
I do own all Tokai catalogs from Vol. 1 up.
All ST100 there, are pictured with Gold hardware

I dont like gold hardware,i used to work in a music shop in the late 70s early 80s and ive changed the gold hardware on a few guitars for myself,also other people have aswell,and the other way round.So i think you could have a ST-100 and someone thought like me,or they just didnt have any gold parts on that day or week,i always thought that the ST-100 was a big major part having a one piece body. :eek:

Well Mark good luck :wink:

+ 1 Rossi. Gold looks fine until you dare to rub your hand over it a few times, then it quickly looks awful. Not ideal for a guitar that's going to be played.

So, do we get to see this Springy, Mark? SB, I suppose?

Mike

Mark, there was a rare 2tone ST-80 with 1piece bod in mijguitar some time ago, pictures are still there ... looks clearly a 1piece bod for me,
no gold hardware, V-neck, E-pickups, no sticker :-?

togps.. ...give me some credit...I know the difference between a one and 2 piece tokai body..this is 100% for certain a one piece..
no doubt at all.....
there is continuous grain in only one direction through the trem cavity walls top and bottom.. i will post detailed pics in a day or so..but in the meantime heres johns original pics..

http://www.mijguitar.com/GUITAR%20templ/Tokai%20Springy%20Sound%20ONE%20PIECE.htm

Thats a beautiful guitar Mark.. He had it for a while.. John has nice stuff, And is a nice guy too. A friend just bought this from him.

johnnygoldtop.jpg

oppps, i mean LS 70..Has mohagany back.

MIJ, I know the one your talking about..thios was another one

Thats a nice guitar u mentioned though, the all gold LS 75.. U know her?

Back