My New 1978 LS-60

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f5joe

Reaction score
I just acquired this from member 1bender this past week. I could not be happier unless it'd been free! Great tones, set up is perfect, and it has the vibe. I think I'll replace the tuners with some aged Kluson double rings. Here are some recent pics:

JoeTokaiLS-60031a.jpg

[/img]
JoeTokaiLS-60027a.jpg

JoeTokaiLS-60030a.jpg

JoeTokaiLS-60041a.jpg

[/img]

Wow!! That is one fine Reborn. Love that tobacco burst - actually, never seen one on a Reborn before. It looks immaculate! Great guitar Joe.

Thank you folks. The guitar has bumps and bruises of moderate nature on the back of the body but the neck and top are in extremely good condition. Sound wise, she is a bit mellower overall than my '83 Love Rock. My '57 Gibson LP RI Black Beauty fits right in the middle of all three. The pickups are very smooth/creamy sounding to me. I love the neck pickup with very little gain and it performs really well there.

I will say this, I've owned several Gibson RI Black Beauties and this is the best one. It's set up really well. But ......... both of the Tokais actually "feel" better to me in setup and the resulting playability.

Somebody, please send cash! :lol: :p

Very nice and i love the colour,looking at the fret markers they look like they are a very nice tight fit,no filler.now thats craftmanship. :wink:

What a pair (I just love saying that!)

Noticed that the Reborn has the strings wrapped around the tailpiece - notice any difference in feel between the two of them?

f5joe == lucky man.

Two really beautiful ladies!

Cheers to the ladies and to f5joe!

Rup

Thank you both!

I'd wanted an old Tokai for a long time. This guitar really almost plays itself. The setup is spectacular. Perhaps its the wrap on the bridge with 9's, don't know. The action is very low too.

Marcus, my son's laid claim to this one should I go stupid. It's his favorite color combination. :D

i love my tokai reborn...
its a great guitar...right?
thanks...

vladmaximus-albums-my-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls-60-new-pics-picture8275-my-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls-60-new-pics.jpg

vladmaximus-albums-my-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls-60-new-pics-picture8354-my-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls-60-new-pics.jpg

vladmaximus-albums-my-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls-60-new-pics-picture8290-my-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls-60-new-pics.jpg

thanks...

if u have any info about this 1978 tokai reborn ls60...
please tell me...i want to learn more about this guitar bro...

Latest posts

Back