Hello, I have just joined. At 66 my life is changing I need to be able to play a Guitar

Site announcements and information<br>

Moderators: ian, ned

David UK
Plucker

Hello, I have just joined. At 66 my life is changing I need to be able to play a Guitar

Post by David UK » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:27 pm

Hello and thank you for having me as a member.

I have always hankered/wanted to play an electric guitar, namely a Telecaster. I really like the way they sound, at 66 young, I think this might be an easier guitar to learn on.

I have done at least three months worth of internet research on Telecasters (when you have the on your hands its easy and fun) Honestly researching and finding things out about something is very rewarding It's like going on a treasure hunt. The downside is when you have made you decision and the purchase buzz drifts away, Upside Tokai telecaster for me, now I need to find one.

I have a modest budget set aside approximately £400, am I being widely optimistic for my outlay. My Daughter has said she would loan me an amp and other bits.

Thank you for reading my rant

David

HAMAMATSU
Guitar God

Re: Hello, I have just joined. At 66 my life is changing I need to be able to play a Guitar

Post by HAMAMATSU » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:09 pm

8) welcome and hello from japan! joe yoshida
QUALITY THAN QUANTITY!

mdvineng
Guitar God

Re: Hello, I have just joined. At 66 my life is changing I need to be able to play a Guitar

Post by mdvineng » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:14 am

Hi Dave, the Chinese ones come in for £350 new and less SH, made in Japan for £450 upwards depending on year and condition. worth going the extra for .
Tokai VSB80 OF, Michael Kelly Patriot custom, Epiphone Elite SG & EB3. 8)

felixcatus
Guitar God

Post by felixcatus » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:19 am

Hi and welcome.

Breezy is a fine choice, one of my favorite. 8)