No more lefty Gibsons? Glad I got my lefty Tokai!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkynassau

Reaction score
I just got this email from a store in Ontario where I had asked about lefty electric guitars. How absolutely insulting to us lefites if Gibson considers us so unimportant that they wont make lefties anymore. True, we do not form a large part of their business, but hey, shutting the door on us is not a smart idea. I'll never recommend a Gibson to anyone, no matter the style or orientation. My lefty Tokai Love Rock really does rock!
Elva

We just found out that Gibson are no longer making any more left handed guitars. Hard to believe but true. Some stores are raising their prices due to this, we are not. Might you be interested in a left handed les paul?
Ted

Elva,

bad news for you - I'm sorry !! :(

... although it seems to be old news - I 've heard it for he first time ... no need to satisfy customer's needs, I guess ... :-? :-?

So the customers should give an answer !!!! 8) 8)

Roger

This potential customer will take her business elsewhere!

This was new news to me so I posted about it.

Funkynassau

Very sad state of affairs,although i'm not that surprised :roll:

joukov said:
Old news! :D

Custom Shop still makes lefties.

I asked the German Gibson distributor and they told me that they will continue to build lefties. Only the custom shop stopped building lefties right now.

Who cares if Gibson doesnt make lefties...Heritage makes Les Pauls that put Gibson to shame at 2/3 of the cost. I bought a 96 Heritage back in 2000 and it was just like heaven, weighs less than my G&L S-500. I ordered another one last year and just got it 5 weeks ago. I have never had a lefty Tokai Love Rock but you just cant go wrong with a Heritage. Both of them weigh under 8 lbs! But I do love my AST-56!

4270jimi said:
Who cares if Gibson doesnt make lefties...Heritage makes Les Pauls that put Gibson to shame at 2/3 of the cost. I bought a 96 Heritage back in 2000 and it was just like heaven, weighs less than my G&L S-500. I ordered another one last year and just got it 5 weeks ago. I have never had a lefty Tokai Love Rock but you just cant go wrong with a Heritage. Both of them weigh under 8 lbs! But I do love my AST-56!
Look into the Heritage brand...makes for some interesting reading.
The company was started by a few ex-Gibson employees and the factory began life In Kalamazoo...Gibson did their usual "Headstock legalities" song and dance and forced Heritage to change the design of their headstock...but they sure do make some lovely LP clones.
http://www.heritageguitar.com/New Models.htm

Latest posts

Back