eBay STRESS!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Willie Style

Reaction score
Last week I saw the most beautiful 1980 LS70 on eBay. I e-mailed the seller to get a shipping quote. In the meantime, someone bought it. Still haven't heard from the seller... :cry: Sorry for the rant. Just upset at losing out on a guitar that had the exact look I've been searching for...

Geez, dont you hate it when that happens? I'm sorry you lost out, hopefully there'll be another one before too long that suits you.

Funkynassau

they should adopt the Yahoo Japan method...the sellers have the option of adding 10 minutes to an auction every time a bid is placed within the final 10 minutes...but that system is not without it`s own kind of stress, some guys wait `til theres just a couple of seconds left to bid...so just when you think you got a guitar...baddabing, 10 minutes is added. Still, I prefer that way of bidding...I generally bid my maximum right off the bat and let others bid up to me... and if I really want one I`ll keep going higher. Usually I get what I want for less than I originally bid but not always. But it`s more like a real auction.

If there's a Buy It Now price on it, you can expect that to happen any time. If you see something you want, buy it.....shipping costs usually won't break the bank.

I sold an amp once that had a Buy It Now on it and there were a couple of questions I'd received (what's the transformer number, what are the date codes on the speakers, etc) and while I was typing out a response to one of them, some one bought it. The questioner had the balls to email me back and chew me out for not giving him "fair opportunity to bid on the amp due to my lack of response" and he was going to file a complaint with eBay.

marcusnieman said:
I sold an amp once that had a Buy It Now on it and there were a couple of questions I'd received (what's the transformer number, what are the date codes on the speakers, etc) and while I was typing out a response to one of them, some one bought it. The questioner had the balls to email me back and chew me out for not giving him "fair opportunity to bid on the amp due to my lack of response" and he was going to file a complaint with eBay.

Serves him right for being a nerdy little corksniffer :lol:

Paladin2019 said:
marcusnieman said:

Serves him right for being a nerdy little corksniffer :lol:

Just sold a Silver Star on FleaBay last week. I showed a closeup pic of the only ding on it to be accurate. There were about four or five nerdy little corksniffers (none of them actually bid on it, of course) who wanted the exact location and dimensions of the ding and wanted to know why it had some wear use on it. :roll: I mean, it was a 27-year-old guitar that eventually sold for less than a Fender Strat MIM Standard. I emailed some of them that if they were truly that concerned about a blem, they should buy something new. Another guy told me it should only cost $20 to ship it more then 2,200 miles, insured, with a hardshell case. And then some like to argue with you over nothing. I was tempted to burn the thing and then email them the photo.

Latest posts

Back