**LS1000 30th Anniversary Update**

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarslinger

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

We have had some unfortunate news come through about the LS1000 guitars. We have sent the following to all customers with deposits down on their instruments.

We have all been let down badly (see below) and want to post a clear announcement for what's going on for everyone to see.

------------
Hello,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your commitment to buy one of the 30th Anniversary limited addition Tokai LS1000 guitars from us. We are proud to have been able to offer this guitar and the response to their launch was overwhelming, with all our order being sold out within a few weeks. The original date for delivery of these guitars was October / November 2006 which was swiftly revised to Late November and finally December the 15th
( in time for the Christmas holidays). We have been at great pains to stress to Bob at Tokai UK the importance of meeting the deadlines and at every stage Bob has reassured us , having himself had numerous conversations with Tokai Japan, that the guitars would be here, checked and ready to ship, no later than the 15th of December.

We have just had a confirmation that only 4 of the agreed delivery of guitars will be ready on time and that although they are being flown in to the UK they can not now guarantee that the guitars will be here in enough time to ensure we can ship them by UPS Express to the relevant customers in time for the Christmas Holidays.

To add further insult to injury it has come to light that Bob at Tokai has made a mistake with regard to the original order and has authorised that the guitars be made with the number, colour split, the other way round to that which he originally specified when we ordered these guitars back in July 2006. So the even numbers are now to be VF and the odd numbers are to be HDC. I have spoken to Bob about this and he accepts that this mistake was his doing and confirmed that this was contrary to our original agreement when we ordered the guitars ( having reviewed his original email confirmation of the specification of the 20th July 2006) Whilst I don?t think that Bob has in any way deliberately misled us and does try very hard to do his best to meet everyone?s needs he, none the less, accepts full responsibility for this mistake and has told me that he will be posting a notice on the Tokai website to this effect.

As you all know our marketing and sales strategy was based on offering you a specific colour and a specific number from the order as we really felt that this was a great way to offer a personal instrument that would be special to each individual customer. This is obviously now not possible and we can not supply you what you have ordered.

I would like to apologies most profusely for what can only be described as nothing less than a total disaster. We feel embarrassed for having let you down in this way and want to do what we can to put it right.

We will offer refunds in full to any customers who want them and in addition we will guarantee that you will get first refusal on a 30th anniversary guitar, in your chosen colour or number in advance of them being offered to anybody else (numbers initially taking preference over colour)

Please feel free to contact me directly by phone or email and let us know what you would like us to do. The options are:

A full refund and cancellation of your order: A full refund and the first refusal on the next or closest available instrument:

Please accept our full and sincere apologies for this situation.

Your sincerely

James Ferguson (+ 44) 01142 745 777

www.richtonemusic.co.uk
------------

Thanks

Rich

Excellent post.

What a shambles though, seriously, I love Tokai guitars and have always got on well with bob, but this repeated failing is seriously not good enough.

I am glad I declined to order any of these!!

Good luck with sorting it all out Rich!

It is really a shame what's going on at Tokai. :( I love their guitars, but getting instruments in the stores is HORRID. I realize they are not a giant corp, but I think if I had the World waiting on these guitars It would become imperative to make the production happen. What about the LS 150's?? The quality is amazing but this is a indicator of something really wrong at Tokai. How long have we been hearing about the new models and NONE of them are getting to the market place. :( Great guitars but BAD business.

Bob

the company is supplying Japanese stores which have priority over anybody else. having been here for over 13 years, this is not a surprise, they are probably having difficulty producing enough Tokais and the other brands they are now making even for the Japanese market.

these people have some new Tokais here though.
http://www.musicland.co.jp/shinjuku/ls1es1/index.html

sneakyjapan said:
the company is supplying Japanese stores which have priority over anybody else. having been here for over 13 years, this is not a surprise, they are probably having difficulty producing enough Tokais and the other brands they are now making even for the Japanese market.

these people have some new Tokais here though.
http://www.musicland.co.jp/shinjuku/ls1es1/index.html

It was these I was talking about in my LS-1000 Topic :D

Anders
Sweden

Hi Rich,

Are you sending this by post or email ? I ordered two off of you and this is the first I have seen about it !

I'll ring you tomorrow (20/12/06).

Adam

James should have sent this by E-mail to you, if you ring the hotline tomorrow and speak to him, he will fill you in with what's occurring.

Just to say thanks to James for sorting the issues over the email address this morning.

Adam

Back