LS 145s

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TUNAFREAK

Reaction score
Just got through playing my near perfect as can be LS 145S gold top that I got through Ishibashi a few months ago and thought that its funny that I can recieve all these Tokais from japan with out a flaw and yet a couple of guys that are new to the game have caused so much anxiety on this site. I don't know what is really going on but I will wait for my 2 guitars and then pass judgement. I hate to see this forum turn into the Gibson or Epiphone type forum that I got away from. This has been the most fun and Knowledgable group of people I have ever had the pleasure to talk with. We are the most polite, helpful guys out there in this web jungle and I want it to stay that way. I realy don't know why these guys are doing what they can to disrupt our site. I say with all do respect to these Gentlemen: If you find the Tokai brand so repugnant and the QC so bad then why are you here? Don't buy the Tokai brand guitar and go to a forum where everyone thinks the world of thier guitars just as you , just as we do. I like PRS and Gibson and many other fine brands of guitars. But I'm here first and formost as a lover of these Tokai guitars that offer a great guitar at an honest price. If there are QC problems then I'm sure they will fix them or go out of buisness, the same thing that has happened to all of the American brands. I have not seen any of the things that you have said, and as I said before, I will wait and see when I recieve my next 2 guitars. So please take your bad and negitive ways back to the other forums that degrade down to mudslinging and mine is better than yours attitudes on a daily basis and have fun. Leave this forum to people who just want to talk about their Tokais, warts and all. We can handle it.

Mark :wink:

Nice one, Mark! :wink: I think in the end it's all good: they can go and buy Gibson, Epiphone, Edwards, Agile, whatever which leaves more Tokais for the rest of us and less flawed ones to be built in Hamamatsu, and if Ishibashi doesn't want to sell Tokai anymore, another English speaking Japanese online shop will. Halleluja! And may the Shwartz be with you! 8)

Hans, It's people like you and some others that bring sanity and logic to this site that I find sorely lacking at all the other brands sites. I guess the best thing we can do is be curtiuos to all but know when to ignore these other brand types that just go around and stir up trouble. If there is something going on at Tokai I'm sure they will try to sort it out. In the mean time, I will do my best to ignore the imature behaviour of a few for the ultimate goal of this forum, to talk about and exchange info about a remarkable little Japanese guitar company by the name of Tokai.

Mark 8)

Nice you got a Tokai you are happy with (which Ishibashi selected from the flawed ones they got, according to the emails they are sending out now, so yes thanks to Ishibashi you got one with no issues).

But ask yourself this question....by writing those other things down in your posts, don't you think you invited those people to do it again in this thread?

Of course they are now going to react to that when you call them names like immature (maybe you were reffering to me too, I don't know nor do I care actually because I am bored with both sides, the fanatics and the bashers of all sides).

Have fun with your Tokai.

TUNAFREAK said:
If there is something going on at Tokai I'm sure they will try to sort it out. In the mean time, I will do my best to ignore the imature behaviour of a few for the ultimate goal of this forum, to talk about and exchange info about a remarkable little Japanese guitar company by the name of Tokai.

Hi Mark,

good point! I'm still looking forward to receive my new ES 135, all that fuzz of the last few days doesn't bother me. Since I got my LS85 and had the opportunity to play a whole bunch of new and second hand Tokais (thanks again togps), I am shure about the quality of Tokai guitars.

Ishibashi doesn't sell Tokais anymore? Ok, so what? Do those people really think that the guys at Ishibashi will tell them everything about their deals with Tokai? I don't think so. Hey, wake up, quality issues? They still sell Korean Epiphones at Ishibashi....do I have to say more?

Am I biased? Of course, I'm human! (well, kind of :wink: )

Andi

TUNAFREAK said:
In the mean time, I will do my best to ignore the imature behaviour of a few for the ultimate goal of this forum, to talk about and exchange info about a remarkable little Japanese guitar company by the name of Tokai.
The one thing I like better on the Harmony Central or other brand name forums is the "Ignore list" option which keeps any user from being displayed on your screen whom you put on that list. This way you can still read the messages of others in an otherwise interesting thread and don't have to wade through all the yadayada stuff. But this would mean to install the vBulletin forum software, and I don't know how Ned thinks about that.

Mark,

I sincerely hope that you are satisfied with your 2 new guitars when the land. I have a feeling you will.

Andi,

Same with your ES 135, I'm sure she will be a beauty, is she red?

Hans-Jurgen,

Please don't ignore me. I took the bait and dived in to another one of "those" threads. I am embarrassed now. I firmly believe that in the end it will all work out for the best.

Peter

Tempting to ignore some of these posts. It hasn't been the content that has bothered me with some of those who have recently joined the forum voicing criticisms - but the tone. Seems to me as if some people have been waiting for an opportunity to criticise and do so as offensively as possible. Despite this we shouldn't ignore genuine issues or leave ourselves open to accusations of double standards, bias or fanaticism. A fine balance I admit.

I'd hate to see Tokai's reputation tarnished unnecessarily and it is unfortunate that criticisms have appeared on the Gibson forum which does not currently allow new registrations which prevented me for example from trying to add some balance. I'm old enough to recall the original imports of Tokais that caused such a stir in the late 70s/early 80s. Those of us of a certain age probably base our perceptions of Tokai on that era plus any positive experiences with newer ones. I feel there is a younger generation who knows or cares nothing about the company's history and bases their perceptions on what they pick up from other forums - whether well informed or not.

HOWEVER - If there is an emerging quality issue with Tokai, due to management changes, a Gibson buyout (as suggested by some conspiracy theorists on another forum) or whatever then, as the primary source of reliable information on Tokais on the web, I believe it is incumbent on the Tokai Registry/Forum to get to the bottom of it.

Just my own personal.

Mark

Of course I am going to respond in this thread.I mean being called names in this thread,then disinfo being spread,then pretending like that is normal.Come on TUNA,you did the exact same thing you accused others of doing.That is hypocritical.You can display immature behaviour towards people,but they cant do it back?This obviously was not a thread about your guitar but about you again making personal attacks TUNA.

Hans,everyone knows on those forums that the ignore option is for people who are that insecure, they cant stand other opinions,so it becomes invisible.You can also just choose not to respond which is the adult way.

I cant believe the whining and crying on this forum because some people have a different opinion than the fanatic die-hards,never seen it anywhere else.The strange thing is of course that the personal attacks always come from you guys,not the other side if you have noticed.

Someone should document this all and put it on a comedy site for everyone to read,lol.

Surely a thread like this simply adds more fuel to the fire?

Here's my take on the matter:

If there are QC problems with Tokai then I want to know about it.

Even if it means upsetting the applecart for those members whose heads (IMHO) are in the clouds.

I accept that some of you have been here for a long time and have not encountered any criticism or slight belligerence here before but there is an issue at the moment and people have come here to keep us informed so my advice would be to deal with it.

What if you received a sub-standard Tokai? Would you say nothing just for the sake of keeping this site all nice and fluffy?
I know I wouldn't. I'd post photos and let you all know how things are developing, which is the right thing to do (sounds familiar!!?)

The people who are feeding us information are 'newbies'. That's the problem here (with certain members).

Peace to you all.

I'm off to listen to some good music and play my guitar.

hans-j?rgen said:
TUNAFREAK said:
In the mean time, I will do my best to ignore the imature behaviour of a few for the ultimate goal of this forum, to talk about and exchange info about a remarkable little Japanese guitar company by the name of Tokai.
The one thing I like better on the Harmony Central or other brand name forums is the "Ignore list" option which keeps any user from being displayed on your screen whom you put on that list. This way you can still read the messages of others in an otherwise interesting thread and don't have to wade through all the yadayada stuff. But this would mean to install the vBulletin forum software, and I don't know how Ned thinks about that.

There'd be about 5 of you left talking to each other if we had that here.

stratmoto said:
Hans-Jurgen,
Please don't ignore me. I took the bait and dived in to another one of "those" threads. I am embarrassed now. I firmly believe that in the end it will all work out for the best.
Why should I? I don't read "those" threads anyhow, and I only ignore people who personally insult me or do nothing but spread their anger or hate, as anything else would just be a waste of time.

Hey, congrats to Australia for turning the match against the MIJ samurais around in the German summer heat! :wink: By the way, it's 10:50 am here, and I already have 26?C in my room now, expecting something over 30?C in the afternoon... :-?

hans-j?rgen said:
stratmoto said:
Hans-Jurgen,
Why should I? I don't read "those" threads anyhow, and I only ignore people who personally insult me or do nothing but spread their anger or hate, as anything else would just be a waste of time.

Hey, congrats to Australia for turning the match against the MIJ samurais around in the German summer heat! :wink: By the way, it's 10:50 am here, and I already have 26?C in my room now, expecting something over 30?C in the afternoon... :-?

Thats a healthy philosophy at the moment. I will read them, but I have nothing to add so I will stay out.

That sounds like perfect weather for the Aussies over there at the moment. I think the Aussies will have developed a taste for the German beer. Nice warm weather and nice cold beer. Sounds like home. Beautiful one day, perfect the next. :D

Thanks for the congrats, and steady as she goes for our boys on the field.

Peter

stratmoto said:
That sounds like perfect weather for the Aussies over there at the moment. I think the Aussies will have developed a taste for the German beer. Nice warm weather and nice cold beer. Sounds like home. Beautiful one day, perfect the next. :D
Actually your team looked a bit more tired to me in the second half than the Japanese, but out of nowhere they managed to score three times at the end of the match. Probably they had to adapt to the German beer first... ;)

The problem with the heat right now is that it came so suddenly with more than 10?C less right before the tournament started. So everyone including the football teams had to adapt to the temperature real quick.

guess what another perfect tokai ls-145s here :wink: it's the sister of your ls145s mark :D

oh and by the way both me and tunafreak have ask ishibashi to confirm what has been said in these forums, so we're still waiting for an answer and people better not believe everything they read...

really people just ignore these guys, let's go and enjoy the footbal world cup, this is still my favourite forum on the internet, mostly because the great people I found when I arrived are still here...

Latest posts

Back