Japanese shops that ships tokais to europe???

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfc_pj

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good and reliable japanese shop that ships tokais to europe! I've seen they are much cheaper than here in europe. I've once ordered something from ishibashi but they don't seem to carry tokais anymore.

I wantet to order a es-335 copy, heard they are pretty good. What do you think?

Hope to get some help here...

E-mail Ishibashi and quote the Tokai model you're interested in. They don't have them on their website at present but if it's available they'll be able to get it for you. Entitling your e-mail 'International Enquiry' normally gets a good response.

In my experience, Ishibashi offer the standard Japanese discount of 20% on the list price. Since Tokai's model numbers indicate the list price, you can work out how much you should expect to pay, eg, an ES-100 is 100,000 Yen which minus 20% is 80,000 Yen.

(Yeah, I know it's now the ES-110 but the example works better using 100!! Anyway, there might be old stock kicking around somewhere...)

I've not tried the Burny/Fernandes 335s.

thanks for you answers. I've e-mailed ishibashi and they told me they quit bussines with tokai cause they have more and more problems.
Is there another way to get a good es335 copy for a good price???

no joke. Here's the part of the e-mail:

First of all, please understand our situation. We do not sell any Tokai
guitar at our stores. We have carried it only in case a customer wants.
We will quit to handle any Tokai guitar in the end of this month because
of chronic shortage of their products and quality problems.

OH my God Tokai is sinking to the level of.....of.....of....Fender ! and Gibson ! mark this day on your calendars...it`s historic. Or, it just means Tokai builders are human after all.

tokai_owned.jpg

his mum is very upset because he's making a lot of noise with his friends while his father's taking a nap.

Who is this guy? :-?

I googled this:-

http://www.rickderringer.com/Remo/Agora/RD-HTFD-80s-2.jpg

and this:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Derringer

Looks like it could be....?

rick played with johnny winter on rock n roll hoochie koo and other songs in the 70s. they're gonna have a reunion pretty soon.

Back