Recent luck with Ishibashi? Other options?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been going round 'n round with Ishibashi for the last 2 weeks, trying to acquire a quilted LS130 (HDC). At first, everything was a "go" and they took my credit card info, etc. The next morning, I received an email informing me that the guitar was unavailable, and the best guess for a date is October! what???

OK, I've been waiting since Dec 2005 for this guitar to become available, only to continually be put off. I guess it just isn't meant to be. I really love the look of this guitar.

Check out this link and you'll see what I'm trying to get my hands on:
http://www.j-guitar.jp/sea/JG/view_detail.cgi?pid=12011962

Anyway, I'm now considering an LS90Q (HDC). I've asked Noriko (at Ishibashi) if he can locate one for me. No reply yet.

I have a few questions for anyone with some info/insight:

[1] Has anyone bought any quilted models through Ishibashi lately? Whats the secret?
[2] Is the LS90Q (HDC) just as beautiful?
[3] Are there other models that are offered in this color that Ishibashi is likely to be able to "locate"?
[4] Should I consider another brand, like Edwards.

FWIW, I'm in the U.S.

Thanks for your help.

-- Andy

Shimamura have Tokais and ship internationally they don't have a 130q listed on their site but you could try emailing them. They are generally more expensive than ishibashi, and purhaps in general from what I understand.

As for the quality of the quilt on the ls90 I couldn't comment, as I have yet to see any quilted tokais aside from the korean, but coda music has a large picture of a ls90 quilt zebra which you might find interesting.

Oh by the way, Noriko is a girl's name..

oh yes Shimamura is the most expensive shop in this city, I view them as a kind of Guitar Center...though I`ve never been to a GC I have read more than enough bad things about the chain to get an idea... a large chain of shops with many yougsters making minimum wage with a very limited knowledge of the gear they sell. Turnover rate of staff there is very high.
Golden Week will soon be upon us in Japan and many companies have several days off...some as many as 9 ...so communication between Japan and the outside world may be slower than usual.

heya bb
ive a 75q and that is fantastic in hdc it will probably look something like that http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/mike_martin_/IMG_0050.jpg

not sure as they have all been upped in price last year , i think that the 90 q will have better pickups tho im not absolutly sure about that
but going on the way the model numbers in the uk are, mine is the same as as the ls80q

Blues, ask Yoshi at Guitar Universe,he is very close to the factoryI'm pretty sure he will be able to get one like you want.

I have an LS85Q in stock, in a sea blue sort of colour. The finish is gorgeous.

There are all sorts of issues with supply from Tokai though. I haven't been dealing with them for long so I don't know if it is always like this or what, but it is very difficult.

I find it hard to get sensible answers as to what is in stock at Tokai UK and then the Japenese end seems equally tricky to fathom out!

This business with these LS150s promised is really getting on my tits at the moment as there are very few coming in and customers who want them but I don't really know when they will be here! Coda still reckon it'll be end of April according to their site but Bob told me end of June the other day.

Understandably this has seriosuly upset customers! Then on here people are saying that Coda are claiming the end of May....

Different stories everywhere so I don't know what your problem might be with the LS130,, but I am guessing a similar issue... presumably factory problems.

I believe Ishibashi have been saying that the LS150 is discontinued... claiming that information is from Tokai, but Bob at Tokai UK has not said that. Still, even if that is the case and the last ones are those that are coming it would be nice to know when they are coming wouldn't it!![/quote]

Back