Tokai GoldStar. Have i got a bargain?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new here because i've just taken my first step into Tokai ownership... I just want to know what you make of what i've got.

A Tokai GoldStar, I think a 1984. (serial number L106011). it's finished in gold and in really good condition. The only negative is that it is missing a pick up (everything else is intact).

I've just given ?50(about $88) for it as it sounded a bargain.... but is it?

Any feedback greatfully received!!

Paul

L106011 made in 1981 have you got pics. Look in the homepage under
Fender copies you will find it all there
PS Welcome 8)

that's a tricky one... you never really know. In present condition I'd say that I personally would pay $200 US without blinking. Don't know what that says about actual market value though.

It's great being a seller when your auction sells that quickly! I think my record was just over four minutes for some Star Wars gear... the geeksquad got in there quick :D

Its great when they sell that quick, but from my personal experience you then always think you have put it up too cheap!!

As a buyer it's great, and in this case I just saw the words Tokai, Good Condition and ?50 and took a chance on it!!

Can anyone cast anymore light as to what it is, whether its any good etc?

Thanks

Paul

im not a goldstar sound expert. It will be easier to tell about its quality when you get it and can provide us with some details (i.e. what is stamped on the back of that one pickup etc)

the seller has just contacted me as he says he has found the other 2 pickups (Apparently the guitar has been an abandoned porject in his loft for the last 10 years!!). Hope they are the genuine ones!

that's cool. If all the parts are there that brings the value up considerably.

Well, it's 1984 or newer, that Tokai logo first appeared in 1984. Also the name Goldstar Sound, the previous name was Springy Sound. I would say it's a real bargain.

Mike

Ok, it's arrived!! The serial number is L10611, the two pickups with the guitar have VI on the stamped on the back of them and have raised poles on pole 3 and 4. Another pickup has been supplied, but this doesn't match the other two. There is a crack in the paint on the back of the body, and it has a few marks and dings on it. Can anyone shed anymore light on it!!

vi pickups are good pickups. Not as good as "E" pickups but very good nonetheless. This is probably a medium/high end model.

Latest posts

Back