Newbie with ?800 burning a hole

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-1000

Reaction score
Hi
Im new to Tokai guitars and have managed to get ?800 towards a new one. The question is where can I get one from over the internet in the UK? I here Regents are good but has anybody else brought from them or know any others within the UK? I need the guitar to be set up to have a nice low action. I was looking at the wine red LS70 on regents. Any thoughts?

Cheers :lol:

I just ordered a Tokai LS65, from Regent, earlier today. I'll let you know how it all goes, delivery, set up, build quality, sound and all that. I talked to Richard a few times in the 'Live Help' they offer online, always willing and able to help with any query. Now I await the arrival. :D

Hi Midnight

Which colour did you go for? Im think im defo gonna buy from regents but cant decide which one or colour!

If you want to buy online, you can buy anywhere in the world, not only in the UK. The cheapest possibility is a direct order from a Japanese dealer, and the string action is always set quite low on new Tokai guitars anyhow. For ?800 you can get a reeeeeaaally good Tokai in Japan, by the way... ;)

If you want to buy in the UK because of the lower shipping costs, do a search on ebay.co.uk, there are a lot of Love Rocks available at the moment. Not sure about the LS70 though.

The official Tokai UK distributor might also have a list of Tokai dealers for you if you mail him:

http://www.tokai-guitars.co.uk/

Ive decided to go to regents. Ive only ever heard good things about the guitars. Ive ordered a LS75 with a quilted violin burst finish! Cant wait to get it now.

T-1000 said:
Hi Midnight

Which colour did you go for?

I went for Heritage Cherry. :D

T-1000 said:
Ive decided to go to regents. Ive only ever heard good things about the guitars. Ive ordered a LS75 with a quilted violin burst finish! Cant wait to get it now.

Same reason I went with Regent, heard many great things about their service and quality. Good choice with the guitar and finish. 8) I was lookin' at their LS75Q models too, but, the quilted top isn't really my thing and I wasn't willing to spend the extra ?200. Happy waitin' dude, I know how ya feelin' in wishin' it would just get here! :p

Hi Midnight

Dont know if you have had your guitar yet but Ive just checked the Regent Website and they have lowered the prices of the Tokai`s. I have emailed them to ask If i will get it at the reduced price which is ?100.00 as I have not recived the guitar yet. Just thought Id let you know

Well initially after I placed my order they got in contact with me a few days later to tell me they did not have an LS65 Cherry Sunburst in stock, and it'd be 14 days wait until they would have one available. I had a chat with Richard the next day and he offered me an LS70F in Cherry Sunburst for ?649.00, so I went the extra ?50 for that. The LS65 was ?599 at my time of ordering, has since dropped to ?525.00. Regent were in the middle of revising their pricing, so, with the mix up that occured with my order it enabled me to get the LS70F at the new lower price. I think it's actually listed at ?654.99 now, it was ?748.99 before I believe.

I think if you give them a call, or get in contact with them via the live help they should match your order with the newly revised prices, unless a cash transaction has already taken place, then I dunno. Have a word with them and see, it can't hurt.

I'm happy with the LS70F coming in, in place of my initial order for the LS65. I prefere Flame Tops but at ?748.99 it was over my budget. ?649.00 was a more reasonable price though. :D It hasn't arrived yet, ain't been dispatched to be delivered as of this point in time, but Regent were awaiting it's arrival themselves so I was expectin' a little extra waiting time.

You can get Tokai directly from Ishibashi Guitar shop in Japan. Here is a price list my brother and I got from them a few months ago:

We deal with Tokai Love Rock Guitars.
Here, I tell you the price of all Love Rock Guitars (made in Japan) we
deal with.
Tokai
* LS70/CS,VF,GT,BB --- 56,000YEN
* LS75/CS,VF ---60,000YEN
* LS85Q/MVF,MBS,CS,VF,OAK,HDC, MOAK ---68,000YEN
* LS80F/CS,VF,IB,SDR, MVF,MBS,MOAK --- 64,000YEN
* LS80S/GT,CS --- 64,000YEN
* LS120F/CS,VF ---96,000YEN
* LC80/WR --- 64,000YEN
* LC80S/BB,SW --- 64,000YEN