NLS 80 S info

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hugowester

Reaction score
hi everybody,
i?m new to this forum and my first post is,of course,a question.i live in spain and i?m trying to but a Tokai NLS 80 S Gold Top via internet in germany.the guys in the shop can?t ell me if it?s japanese or korean.?could anyone please give me some info about this particular model?.please note the N letter before the LS 80 S,this what intrigues me.thanks in advance hugo :D

Hi Hugowester, welcome to the Forum 8) .

Most Korean Love Rocks have model numbers beginning ?ALS? (whereas Japanese models are just ?LS?), however, according to the Registry the first letter may be something different to ?A? (so maybe ?N?, ? ie giving ?NLS?). But easy way to tell is that Korean models almost always have 3 screws in the truss-rod cover (?trc?), and they have white cover plates on the back (whereas Japanese models have a 2-screw trc, and black cover plates) :-? .

Ian.

Typically the model numbers on the MIKs are lower than 60, also the "N" was originally designated for the North America MIJ guitars. For instance I have a NLS80PR which is a MIJ Love Rocks in Paisly.

The confusing part to me is the S, not sure what that indicates on the guitar you are considering.

Ned

It?s a Gold Top with soapbars P90 PU?s.

Shape is mod at headstock, cutaway and reversed pot knobs.

All the best
Pit

It?s a Japanese guitar. Buy it, if the price is ok. It will be a upcoming collectors item. Only few models was made in this shape.
Pit

Many thanks to all of you for your replies,they all confirm my first thougts about this guitar.
if finally i get it,i will surely post my impressions.
hasta pronto
hugo

Latest posts

Back