TOKAI LS50 REBORN

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHANTOMLORD

Reaction score
There's a outside chance that I may be able to buy one soon - with 'Les Paul' logo on headstock. It's a sunburst model with a two piece cap.

I'm selling a lot of guitars in order to buy this guitar - what price tops should I consider paying? Bearing in mind the guitar is in Japan and it will be shipped to me in the UK ($120)

- it's in excellent condition.

prices here in Japan have nothing to do with the real world. Sellers now know folks are willing to pay a lot for older guitars from ceratin makers in this country and prices are getting ridiculous particularly among the dealers. I can`t believe the differences when I look at e-bay. So I thnk the going price depends on the buyer, if the guitar is worth it to you go for it, there are bargains out there but they seem to be fewer and farther between. I bought a 1978 Les Paul reborn a few months ago in this Japanese city but one of the tuners had been changed as had the p`ups to Duncans plus 3 of the pots are pull ups..... so it was heavily modded but man oh man does it sound good so I bought it for very little, I thought if I ever wanted to restore it I could but sometimes I just have to buy a guitar because its so good and not worry about resale.

Some eBay dealers have been asking silly prices lately, but they don?t get many bidders. I reckon anything under $700 is OK for a Reborn LS50 in good original condition (don?t pay much over $800). LS50 has unmatched 3-piece top. LS60 should have 2-piece centre matched top. But AFAIK, the only difference between Reborn, Reborn Old, and early Love Rock is the name on headstock :-? .

Ian.

Back