Here's the new LS 320

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tubedogsmith

Reaction score
Ok, Ok it's a grill top. These things don't come around everyday and I wanted to see how these stacked up so meet my new baby. It has a lot of good things going for it but these guys definitely have their own idea about the best way to build a lester. The fretboard is a killer piece of brazilian rosewood. The mother of pearl inlays will take a little getting used to. The finish and color is as good as I've seen. The mahogany looks real good. Pots are CTS, caps Cornell Dublier Black Cats and pups are Seth Lovers. Weight is a little over 8 1/2 Lbs. This is a serious fiddle. Here's some pics.

1856_p26128.jpg

1856_p26131.jpg

1856_p26127.jpg

1856_p26126.jpg

That is one gorgous guitar!!!!

Feel free to write a review for the site about her.

Ned

Thanks! I top wrapped the strings last night when I set it up. Probably the only thing I'll change on it is the bridge. I don't care for these as they seem to buzz a lot. I got it from a semi-collector type guy here in the States for about what you'd pay for a used historic R8.

tubedogsmith said:
Thanks! I top wrapped the strings last night when I set it up. Probably the only thing I'll change on it is the bridge. I don't care for these as they seem to buzz a lot. I got it from a semi-collector type guy here in the States for about what you'd pay for a used historic R8.

I had that bridge buzz on my 200, it's the c-clips rattling. If you take them out and bend them slightly so they grip the screw tighter you can get rid of it.

Lovely piece of work, btw!

That is a beauty!!! BTW...whats up with the neck tenon? Mine is like that too. In the body pocket, it's not the width of the neck....

quilt top said:
That is a beauty!!! BTW...whats up with the neck tenon? Mine is like that too. In the body pocket, it's not the width of the neck....

That's the way they are supposed to be. All the old gibsons were that way as well. The narrower piece(tenon) slides into the body route then the neck is glued to the top of the guitar, both sides and bottom of the tenon.

Wow, that's got to be one of the most gorgeus Les Pauls I've ever seen. I know a part of it has to do with the photography and lighting but it's still a stunning guitar.

tubedogsmith said:
quilt top said:

That's the way they are supposed to be. All the old gibsons were that way as well. The narrower piece(tenon) slides into the body route then the neck is glued to the top of the guitar, both sides and bottom of the tenon.

Um....no it ain't. I'm talkin' the width of the tenon compared to the width of the neck. I've had plenty of Les Paul's and the tenon was as wide as the neck, or at least centered as compared to the neck. These are(if looking at the front of the guitar) offset to the left.

quilt top said:
Um....no it ain't. I'm talkin' the width of the tenon compared to the width of the neck. I've had plenty of Les Paul's and the tenon was as wide as the neck, or at least centered as compared to the neck. These are(if looking at the front of the guitar) offset to the left.

Yes it is. The pic doesn't seem to be working now:

tenon.jpg

but when it's up it clearly shows the fretboards on both the historic & standard lines are wider than the tenon.

It does seem unusual that the tenon edge isn't straight against the back wall of the neck pickup cavity though. And you're right, it does look slightly off to the left on the LS320.

http://www.cyborg.ne.jp/~universe/tokai-f/tokai-f00.html

taken from the Universe site

I guess your right. It just looks strange when you got the neck pup out and it looks off to the left.

Very cool pics! Thanks!

Well, I just purchased this guitar...dont have it yet. I hope she plays and sounds as good as she looks!

Well I recieved the guitar and its really a 1st rate les paul! Beautiful top, great player and good tone! Brazilian board is nice and dark. I'm impressed. 1st class all the way.
By the way i'm the 3rd owner and this guitar has hardly been used....I had to remove all the plastic on the covers and take it on its first gig!

Back