Toggle switch for LS150 2005

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CelestialSounds

Reaction score
Hi folks

was a member here many years ago under another username and now just re-registered.
I am the proud owner of 2 Tokais - 1 LS150 2005 Sunburst and a beautiful SG185.

I have an issue with the selector switch in the LS150 - which has become intermittent and "dodgy".

Can anyone recommend ( in the UK ) a good replacement ( Switchcraft etc ) ?

I believe I need to be careful of the size I get - a standard Paul switch might not fit ?

Cheers
Pete

I agree with trying the contact cleaner first, also lets see your 2005 LS150 !!! and SG185 !!!

For modern Love Rocks Tokai I believe Tokai uses. This is what was in a custom ordered LG series (PRS type) guitar I just got from Tokai a month ago. The Love rock should use the exact same part. All my older Love Rocks have had all the electronics swapped so I cannot check those.

ALL PARTS
EP-0066-000 nickel
EP-0066-002 gold
EP-0066-003 black

It is a panasonic 3 way switch. The Panasonic switch is the same as the All Parts one. I forget the Panasonic part number. You can get this for $12.00 or so on Ebay and similar sites.

But yes, I would try to clean the 3 way switch first then order this is all else fails.

Thanks Guys - much appreciated,
I'll try switch cleaner again first, but I think the contacts have worn maybe too much.

I'll do some pics of both guitars when I get a chance.
Pete

That part will be a direct replacement but it will suffer the same fate eventually. Use part# SW-210-N and you'll never have problems again. It cost more but it's worth it.

I have had much better luck with the Panasonic switches that with Switchcraft switches. For me they seem to last much longer and work better.

Back