Questions about tokai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ytfulyin

Reaction score
Hi, i hope these questions haven't been answered,i searched for it on google.
I am searching for a les paul style guitar and came across tokai brand. I learned that the reference of the guitar is actually the price in yen and that the guitar are renewed when years pass but the price increases and consequently the reference.
I came across a thread where someone says that the ls150 in the year 2000's became the ls230 in 2018. How can someone come to that conclusion?
My second question is when i look for prices for tokai guitars i realize that the price are not necesseraly higher the higher the reference. For example the ls150 from 2018 is a actually higher in price than the ls196 from 2018 (both brand new of course). Is there a reason for that?
My last question if i may is that i find that there is not a lot of models referenced in tokai's website. Why is that?
Thanks

Ytfulyin said:
Hi, i hope these questions haven't been answered,i searched for it on google.
I am searching for a les paul style guitar and came across tokai brand. I learned that the reference of the guitar is actually the price in yen and that the guitar are renewed when years pass but the price increases and consequently the reference.
I came across a thread where someone says that the ls150 in the year 2000's became the ls230 in 2018. How can someone come to that conclusion?
My second question is when i look for prices for tokai guitars i realize that the price are not necesseraly higher the higher the reference. For example the ls150 from 2018 is a actually higher in price than the ls196 from 2018 (both brand new of course). Is there a reason for that?
My last question if i may is that i find that there is not a lot of models referenced in tokai's website. Why is that?
Thanks
Yes, the numbers are growing over time. Especially between 2000 and now, the Yen literally dropped in value, faster and steeper than other moneys. So it could abolutely be accurate.

Yes, it seems to me that the LS150 of the 2000's was the first premium model with flamed top in the premium range. Today, it must be around a 230. Again, seems accurate to me.

For the prices beeing not very consistent, I don't really know. Maybe fluctuations in the prices of the woods, Cites problems, changing in the worth of the Yen, a commercial reason ("sales")... difficult to say. My Sherlock homes opinion would be that the older LS150 is an entry model of the Premium line, when the newer 196 could be the top model of the Vintage line. Just an assumption of me, don't take it for granted, but could be possible.

Back