Have u waxed your Love Rock Pickups?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muttleynet

Reaction score
I got to gig my new Love Rock (LS-65) for the first time on Wednesday evening and it sounds even better than it looks.

The one thing I did find was the pickups are quite microphonic so I am looking to get them wax potted by Wizard Pickups in the UK.

Have any of you chaps had your standard PUPs waxed with positive results?

BTW I seem to be on a Tokai frenzy at the moment - I managed to buy an old Tokai TFL-1 flanger this week :D .

My Mark II's have a waxy coating on the base of my pickups and therefore appear at least to be already potted to a degree - no problems with microphonic feedback at all.

Does anyone know if Tokai wax pickups on there Japanese models?

Do I need another chorus pedal - absolutely not.

Did I already look at the Tokai Chorus pedal on ebay.... its a fair cop gov

if " need " ever came into the equation we`d all have only one guitar. It`s " want " that counts.

I am pretty sure that all of the 1 series (TFL-1 etc.) pedals are analogue (including the delay). The one I picked up on ebay arrived on Saturday. Its made of metal and is silver in colour so I guess that this indicates its one of the earlier versions as I think they switched to black at a later stage.

Before plugging in I was a bit concerned about the lack of resistance from the pedal switch mechanism, but in use its actually just fine and switches cleanly every time. I gigged it the very same evening and it held up valiantly for an old timer (I assume its 20+ years old?). It was as quiet as my contemporary Boss pedals and even works with a regular Boss power supply.

The box included the instruction manual and even a couple of unused stickers from a music shop in Romford where I assume it was originally purchased. As the instruction manual covers the contols for all models in the series 1 range I thought I might scan it and forward on to the registry.

Back