A cautionary tale

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iainblack

Reaction score
I've taken a few months to post this due to the 'trauma'! The facts:

In September 2012 I ordered a Tokai Mary Kaye strat and 3 tweed cases from Bob Murdoch at Tokai UK. After regularly chasing for a delivery date I eventually received the guitar in one case in August 2013.

On 16th June 2016 I received the two outstanding cases at my workplace. Only 3 years and 8.5 months later! This was after phoning, emailing, turning up at a guitar fair face to face and eventually threatening a 'section 75' case via my credit card company (you have a 6 year window to reclaim a full refund - worth considering paying for at least £100 of any expensive item on credit card for this protection).

I know I am just one customer but all I will say is ‘Caveat Emptor’! (let the buyer beware)

^ Agreed, thanks for the heads up iain, and sorry to hear you had such trouble. I agree with you about using a credit card for (at least) the first £100 of any large purchase, too- as you said, you're much better covered if you do.

had the same problem waiting for the case when he got my LS100, loads of texts and phone calls finally got one, it's not a tokai case though. :-?

My local guitar shop have started to stock Tokai both Japanese and China made ones .

The guy who runs the place really rates the guitars but says it's a nightmare dealing with them. He was invoiced 4 times before they got that right and he'd had the stock 2 months previous

Back