Japanese translation - please help ;)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi.... looks like they did make a 1960 model to me. If I can remember I`ll ask my wife to read it later.

OK...heres the poop.
the guitar pictured was made for Steve Marriott and they took the shot in NY before handing it over to him... but there is no mention of it being a one off... they state he is using this model, and that particular guitar was given to him. So it appears they did make a `60`s model.

what??????, STEVE MARRIOTT of the SMALL FACES ??????? aaaaaaarglllll! I want it :eek: :eek: :eek:
so Steve marriott played on a Tokai! these guitars are definitely a must!

If Tokai is a anal about " geting it right ", that is an exact copy, as the rest of the good Japanese makers, then I`d wager they dissected an original, measured everything and built one to precise specs. When they make a copy here, it`s not in name only. It must be exact. There is no shortage of original US Fenders and Gibsons to work from in Japan.
Pleasure helping out. I own only one Tokai but love it to death and am glad to help out when I can.
Am looking for more Tokais but holding out for a top of the line.

Hi Barry,

what is the deal about the double-ring Tulip grips on the machine heads.
I obviously missed the thread so can you bring me up to speed.

thank you
Peter mac

:( The guitar that was built for Steve Marriot never got played! Ricky Byrd who was with Joan Jetts Blackhearts and Roger Daltry was there when Tokai gave this guitar to Steve who was very drunk at the time. He was handed the guitar and smashed it to bits! I read this story years ago and then met Byrd at a guitar show and he verified! "That Small Faced jerk destroyed the Tok! :evil:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2551436736&category=38086
Could be what you're looking for :eek:

tokaiguy said:
:( The guitar that was built for Steve Marriot never got played! Ricky Byrd who was with Joan Jetts Blackhearts and Roger Daltry was there when Tokai gave this guitar to Steve who was very drunk at the time. He was handed the guitar and smashed it to bits! I read this story years ago and then met Byrd at a guitar show and he verified! "That Small Faced jerk destroyed the Tok! :evil:
Maybe he just wanted to recall himself the time when he was making some hotels destruction contest with his friend Keith Moon :D :D :D

Back