Tokai TTE 50

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I just got myself my first brand new Tokai guitar, its a TTE 50 tele model.
Really love it.
However i find it difficult to find any detailed information about this guitar and especially what kind of electronics (pickups, potmeters) whos in the guitar.
Does anyone have this information? I only have the info the guy in the shop told me, and he ment it maybe was Gotoh pickups but he was not shure.
Anyway, any information on this would be very grateful.
Thanks

Here are som pictures of it.
[URL=http://s1237.photobucket.com/user/slowhand2/media/Tokai/tokai%20tte%2050.jpg.html][img]http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff478/slowhand2/Tokai/tokai%20tte%2050.jpg[/URL]

I opened mye guitar and looked, and there it is. 250k pots.

I am not an expert on tone caps and thought maybe someone could explain me a bit about the one i have taken picture of? It says 473k, 50w.

Is this normal parts for vintage tele?

Do anyone know about the quality of these parts?

Thanks.

Nice looking Breezy.
Blonde on Blonde is one of my favourites for a telecaster.
Yours looks to be an 2011 model, i'm not sure what year yours was modelled after, if at all.
Congrats and long may you enjoy.

Very nice :D That's not unlike mine.

250k pots are standard for fender-style single coils I think. Not so sure about the cap (shouldn't it list its capacitance?).

Does yours have a treble bleed cap on the volume? I think mine does (sounds like it does, anyway, I can't remember if I ever actually checked or not). It's not vintage accurate if it does (easily removed, though) but personally I prefer having one, it keeps the treble as you turn the volume knob down.

I heard gotoh for the pickups too, but again I don't think I ever actually checked or corroborated that.

I can confirm that Tokai has been using Gotoh pickups on most of their guitars lately. There may be a few other Japanese pickup makers involved, but I know Tokai uses many Gotoh components. Fender Japan uses some of the same Gotoh parts too, although Fender has been sourcing parts from outside of Japan as well.

Those G pots are distributed in Europe by German retailer Goldo. I have got some 500K and 3 of them measure over 500 k (550,560 and 590 K no more no less). I am keeping those for some guitars in need of more treble sounding (no Love Rocks neded that in my experience).

Thank you all for information! Think i have sorted things out now :)

Just one thing i get to think of:
If i get unlucky and need a neck replacement in the future, will a american or mexican fender neck fit?

brokentoes said:
Nice looking Breezy.
Blonde on Blonde is one of my favourites for a telecaster.
Yours looks to be an 2011 model, i'm not sure what year yours was modelled after, if at all.
Congrats and long may you enjoy.
How can you know its a 2011? Is it some clues the serialnumber?

Because neck and logo shape and Made in Japan at neck back end (Tokai released japanese TE AND TST models after parting with Fender around 2008....

In regards to the serial number, i believe that it's a 2011 model because the serial number starts with 11.

Dave_Mc said:
Very nice :D That's not unlike mine.

250k pots are standard for fender-style single coils I think. Not so sure about the cap (shouldn't it list its capacitance?).
In fact it does - 473K means 47 x 1000 which equals the value in picofarads: 47000 pf

We want micro farads which is the range that all guitar caps are. Pico is 10 to the minus 12 and micro is 10 to the minus 6, so move the decimal point 6 places to the left = 0.047uf. This is a normal cap for a Tele.
The "K" means 10% tolerance so this cap is 0.047uf +/-10%

A Les Paul will have 0.022uf, or sometimes 0.015uf on the neck pickup (ie the Clapton woman tone mod).

Don't bother remembering any of this, just remember which value cap you need when replacing them! :)

telecasternorway said:
Thank you all for information! Think i have sorted things out now :)

Just one thing i get to think of:
If i get unlucky and need a neck replacement in the future, will a american or mexican fender neck fit?

You'll never need another neck but at some time in the future you'll definitely need a re fret because the current frets are thin vintage.

The TTE50 comes with the F headstock shape, 7.25" neck radius and vintage frets, the ATE82 (same guitar) comes with the modified headstock, 9.5" neck radius and medium jumbo frets.

When you re fret you won't want to use thin vintage frets, IMO.

Latest posts

Back