NGD Tokai MIC Love Rock Pot Question

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stax

Reaction score
I picked up a MIC Love Rock as it was going cheap yesterday, satin lemon drop? with no scratch plate.
After a good clean up, new strings and a bit of attention to a high fret and a high nut it plays and sounds surprisingly good.
The only issue it has is it needs a bit of attention to the pots, they are full size 500k Alpha which should be good enough for a cheap guitar but they have been wired up with the two log pots as tones and two linear pots as the volumes and the volume is either on or off with nothing in between.
I realize the electronics in the budget guitars are often upgraded for better components but just wondering if they have been wired wrong or is this normal?

I thought it was meant to be the other way round (log for volume, linear for tone), but I could be wrong since I'm not exactly that well up on electronics :lol:

I rewired it today and swopped the pots so at least the volumes work, still prefer the log for tone but it will do for now, they put 47nf caps in rather than the more common 22nf which is maybe because it is a bright sounding guitar?
I had two mij Tokai LP's up untill recently so it's hard to get too exited about the Chinnese ones but I can't comlain for the money.

Back