Tokai ES60 - Shortages in UK ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MASTER VOLUME

Reaction score
Hi , been looking around for a rh es60 for a while now and cant seem to find one . Was in London last weekend and one of the shops in denmark street street had sold out and only had lh.
Anyone seen any about or know if they are on shortage ?
Seems odd cause there are loads of love rocks and sgs about.

They may not still be available but try these

http://glasgow.gumtree.com/glasgow/06/69953706.html

http://portsmouth.gumtree.com/portsmouth/36/73768836.html

http://www.reidys.com/index.pl?submit=View_PLU&PLU=7368

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tokai-Semi-Acoustic-Guitar-Sun-burst-/280619595779?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item41563b3803#ht_1866wt_905

Dave

I was in London a few weeks ago, and I passed by Denmark Street, looking for an LC53. I went into a store called Rockers, probably the same shop as you went into, and they had a few Tokais up for display. It struck me first that they only had a few models left, mostly left handed as you mentioned. Of the 10-15 guitars on display, four of them were left handed sunburst LC53s, says it all, really.
Bearing in mind of course, that this was just a few weeks after christmas, I asked the store manager if they would get anymore back in stock sometime soon, he said during the week, but when I came back the next week, they still hadn't gotten any new guitars, and the store manager just gave me the same reply as the week before.

Seeing what you wrote, I wouldn't be surprised if there are some shortages. I should mention that I also contacted Richtone Music via eBay last week, they said they didn't even know when they would be getting more Tokais...

Guess this doesn't help you at all, though...

That seems odd, I can't imagine guitar shortages when people are hardling buying any at the moment...

I had cracking bargains last year and already one this year on high end gear...

hi , yes it was rockers in denmark street. They had quite a selection of tokais in there. They said they may be getting some in a couple of weeks, but as I rarely go to London I was trying to find one elsewhere. They have a nice matte finish zebra pick up jap love rock in there if anyone is interested ?

I think a few shops are short on cash at the moment... :(

They are probably waiting to shift stock before reordering more models.

looktoyourorb said:
I think a few shops are short on cash at the moment... :(

They are probably waiting to shift stock before reordering more models.

True.

Also, distributors sometimes run out of stock of a particular model and their new order may be a few months away from delivery.
The ES60 is a good example, I didn't order enough of them because I wasn't sure how big a seller they'd be...turns out they were a lot better than I was expecting them to be and they sold out quickly....now I have to wait a few months for new stock.

You know how long it takes for Mesa Boogie to deliver an order placed by a distributor...6 to 8 months.
Waiting 3 to 4 months for a delivery from Tokai is no big deal, it's pretty normal.

anyone know how the chinese es 60 compare to the chinese epi dots ?
just curious cause been thinking about getting a semi hollow as my back is giving in to the weight of my love rock after 3hrs of practicee. i love the guitar but the neck pain is starting to get to me.

MASTER VOLUME said:
anyone know how the chinese es 60 compare to the chinese epi dots ?

It depends.

I can tell you how the current Epi 'Dots' compare...they don't, the ES60s are a few steps up in quality.
The current Epi's, all models, that have been delivered to music stores in the last 6 months or so are a few steps down from previous Epi's from years gone by.
The music stores can't quite figure out what's going on, something seems to have changed with the factory that's making them....there seems to be two exit doors, one has QC in front of it and the other doesn't, but it's the same factory.

It's hard to explain, go play a few of the current Epi's in your local music store and tell me what you think.

Just did this with an ES60 and a pod HD500....sounds decent through headphones.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10298593

DaveWW said:
Sounds great. :D I'm going to pinch some of your backing tracks :wink:

Dave

With pleasure.

I have a few hundred more on my PC, let me know if you want anything in particular.

yeah , sounds really good.
how you finding the line 6 HD500 ?
i have read mixed reviews of it , was thinking about maybe getting a HD300.

MASTER VOLUME said:
yeah , sounds really good.
how you finding the line 6 HD500 ?
i have read mixed reviews of it , was thinking about maybe getting a HD300.

I've had all the Pods, the HD series is definitely the best Line 6 have come up with.
The HD300 is really cheap for all it has inside it, you should give it a try.
On the clip I'm using a dual amp patch, the DrZ Route 66 and a Mesa Dual Rectifier together, a Ping Pong delay, some analog chorus, and one of the Compressor models in front of the amps.
It's lots of fun messing with the HD through headphones.

I've got the HD300. and think it's great both in front of my amp and into the PC. Fantastic value for money. The original factory settings are rubbish (which is why IMHO some people don't rate it) but you can set up your own or download them. Andertons music in the UK do a good review.

Diamond what do you use for recording on the PC? I assume that track was done through on the HD500 through USB.

Dave

Dave

I don't use the USB for recording.
I took the XLR outs of the HD into a little Eurorack Behringer Mixer, out the mixer into the Line in of a 10 year old Soundblaster Live soundcard...that's it.

I'm sure the USB for recording will work and sound better than my little setup, I've always done it this way and didn't feel like figuring out how to record with the USB.

Here's what the patch looks like on the editor.

hd500patch.jpg

Thanks Diamond I'll give that a go. The editor is slightly different on the HD300 but it should still work.

In my question about recording I meant what software do you use on the PC for the actual recoding.

Dave

DaveWW said:
In my question about recording I meant what software do you use on the PC for the actual recoding.

Dave

Cool Edit Pro 2, a very old version, it's been on my PC since 2001.

Latest posts

Back