Closeup pic of brass bridge saddles ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reborn Old

Reaction score
Does anyone have closeup pics of new LS brass bridge saddles ? or can you point me to where a pic might be posted ?

My 2009 LS is supposed to come equipped with brass saddles, but saddles are either plated or the bridge was changed out by the previous owner.
Just curious about how it should look.

Thank you !

Reborn Old said:
Does anyone have closeup pics of new LS brass bridge saddles ? or can you point me to where a pic might be posted ?

My 2009 LS is supposed to come equipped with brass saddles, but saddles are either plated or the bridge was changed out by the previous owner.
Just curious about how it should look.

Thank you !

What model LS is yours? They don't all come with brass saddles.

Here's the Faber link. Scroll down to the ABR 59 bridge. The brass saddles come in natural and nickel plated

http://www.cvguitars.com/Faber/FaberRPL-090109.html

My 09 LS150 has brass saddles. I don't have a closeup of it but here's a pic of my Anniversary with the same bridge and brass saddles:

005-1.jpg

Hi Marcus, I've always admired your LS flametop.

Mine would have brass saddles, according to the spec sheet.
Is the Tokai LS-VB bridge a Faber ? or is that an aftermarket example of possible saddle finishes ?
I supose mine might be nickel plated if that was offered with VF finishes,
I noticed the sloped edges have about 6 to 8 horizontal lines like machining cuts. Sorry I don't have a photobucket account to post pics.
The guitar is mint and looks like it was never used, a part swap seems remote, but possible.

Anyone have high res LS-160 or LS-260 saddle pics or can anyone confirm lines along sloped saddle edges ?
Thanks

Reborn Old said:
Hi Marcus, I've always admired your LS flametop.

Mine would have brass saddles, according to the spec sheet.
Is the Tokai LS-VB bridge a Faber ? or is that an aftermarket example of possible saddle finishes ?
I supose mine might be nickel plated if that was offered with VF finishes,
I noticed the sloped edges have about 6 to 8 horizontal lines like machining cuts. Sorry I don't have a photobucket account to post pics.
The guitar is mint and looks like it was never used, a part swap seems remote, but possible.

Anyone have high res LS-160 or LS-260 saddle pics or can anyone confirm lines along sloped saddle edges ?
Thanks

Photobucket is free. Just log in an account and you're good to go. My LS is in storage but if I can get to it in the next couple days, I'll try to snap some pics. I don't think the bridges are Faber.... I believe they are Gotoh and "Japan" or " Made in Japan" stamped on the bottom.

I found some hi res pics of LS-320 brass saddles that are nickel plated so I'm satisfied mine are are genuine. thanks

Most of the time the brass saddles are nickel plated, occasionally a guitar or two arrive with saddles that are not plated and actually look like brass.

I was looking at a few LS160s today in a store and one had saddles that weren't plated..., it looks very cool, I like the contrast between the nickel plated bridge and brass saddles.
I think I'll specify un-plated saddles from now on. :)

Diamond said:
I was looking at a few LS160s today in a store and one had saddles that weren't plated..., it looks very cool, I like the contrast between the nickel plated bridge and brass saddles.

The unplated are old school and look great. Why have brass saddles if you nickel plate them?

marcusnieman said:
Diamond said:

The unplated are old school and look great. Why have brass saddles if you nickel plate them?

I agree, I'll suggest it to them.

Diamond said:
marcusnieman said:
Diamond said:

I agree, I'll suggest it to them.

Natural brass saddles are a sign of quality since they are most used with higher spec'd models.

Back