Everest Guitars Slapped with Lawsuit?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hango

Reaction score
Sadly, it has come to my attention that Everest Guitars will no longer be available :cry: The rumor is that they (Tokai?) got slapped with a big time cease and desist order by both Gibson Guitars USA :evil: , and Prs :evil:
I hope it is a rumor, and if it isn't, you can have my collection for $1,000,000 :D . By the way, I was also told that PRS actually bought some of the guitars and were so awestruck they took immediate action!!!

If you know anything about this Ned, please fill us in!

I've seen Everests on sale on E-Bay when I searched under Tokai, but I didn't think that they were actually Tokais. Are they? They're going pretty cheap if they are.

Probably only made in the same factory as the korean Tokai's (which also probably manufactures a lot of other brands).

Mike

The Everest LP copy was a real looker in the eBay images from Mike's Music. I'll miss dreaming about snagging one of the 'bursts....

Just ordered one of the "last" of the Everest ELP Flame '59 models from Mike's Music. (Hope it's somewhat better build than a typical Epi LP...) I DID notice that they are selling a brand called "Renegade" low end bolt-on LP copy for $200.00 that has same headstock shape as the Everest does.... or did....
Hmmmm.... Could this be the infamous Tokai/Dillion/Everest/Renegade Canadian/Korean/Mysterious factory building yet another new "lawsuit" model? (Ha!) Maybe a scaled down bolt-on neck Santana SE copy is on the way for $169.00... Anyway, I'll keep you all posted on the Everest '59 and anyone else that owns an Everest, I'd appreciate any comments.

I wouldn't beleive it. The Everest guitars look pretty nice, but they are built all 'wrong', except for the Gotoh pegs. The headstock is wrong, the wood is wrong, yattah, yattah, yattah. Tokai is still around, looking a lot closer, and built more 'correctly'. If anything, look at the Dillon guitars. Those are a helluva lot closer to PRS than Everest is to Gibson.
Don't get me wrong; I came close to buying either of those, but I ended up with an armfull of the Tokai LP's. The look more PC, and my age and anal retentiveness make me go for the most correct 'copies'. The wood will affect the weight a lot, and the tone slightly.
Everyone on eBay wants to hype up their 'sale'. If a little BS dust helps, whaddaya gonna do? Trust me; if the headstock were 'right' I may believe 'Mike'. You just have to look at all the other 'clones' out there, and wonder if there was so many lawsuits, Gibson would make more money from lawsuits than guitars. Does anyone actually buy a $5K Les Paul? Between my friend and I, we bought four Love Rocks for that much. What I think is happening is that the distributors are pressuring the retailers. I know in Canada, Long & McQuade is the exclusive dealer for Gibson. They all crapped themselves at L&M when they played my latest Love Rock, and went blind when I brought in a Les Paul 'Reborn'. I asked why they can't sell these and make more sales compared to $5K Gibson guitars. Their answer? They wouldn't have the Gibson distributorship for long after that was 'discovered'.

Back