Did Tokai do non metallic red strats

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iainblack

Reaction score
In putting together the photo book and covering the colour codes I don't recall seeing a plain red be it fiesta or Dakota. Only see metallic red and the nearest is flamingo orange?

It came to mind seeing a red goldie on eBay that I have too many questions about.

Not sure of the colour code on Mick's ST70, could be FO, but it looks very Fiesta Red. If it's not in the book it should be, it's a beauty!

hnwr5kn-img600x450-1211196183tz8tgw.jpg

iainblack said:
2 FO Goldies in there but if he wants to join in then let him know

It's an ST70 with a capped maple board so something a bit different, would make a good addition IMO :wink:

Flamingo Orange seems to be Tokai's version of Fiesta Red. Put it this way, it's closer to Fiesta Red than SO is to Sonic Blue! I don't think they ever did a version of Dakota Red.

Mind you, there weren't many Fenders made in Dakota Red either, which is a shame as it's a gorgeous colour. This was the Custom Shop Strat I sold a year or two ago, stunning guitar.

145_4570.jpg

It's always struck me as rather strange that MR was a standard colour while FO was a custom colour. Don't forget there were also a few in Sparkle Red too, as you know from my pics Iain.

IMG_2749.jpg

Just seems strange as Squires and other generics seem to go for Black, White and red as the basic colours with sunburst in there too.

Back