Tokai LS180 2001

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ikaros

Reaction score
Hi

Before a week, i bought the LS180, producted 2001. I would like to know, how many LS180 guitars were produced in the total. Does anyone bought this guitar?
That's mine which changed the PAF-VINTAGE MK2 with bare knukle , the mule, sounds like honey!!!
The thing that what made me impression is the specs:

BODY: Laminated Curly maple 1piece TOP
Honduras Mahogany 1 piece BACK ? Deep Joint
FINGERBOARD: Ebony, Mother Οf Pearl Inlays.
BRIDGE: LS-VB
TAILPIECE: LS-VT(Aluminum)
CONTROL: 2V, 2T(CTS POT), 3 Way-SW
CONDENSER: CDE BLACK CAT
FINISH: Laquer

TokaiLS180i.jpg

Tokai2.jpg

Tokai3.jpg

Hallo again

I done some changes at LP. First, i changed the electrics. I bought a modern kit from rs guitar works and after a few days i bought Complete Bridge & Tailpiece Sets from tonepros.

The sound is much warm and the sustain never ends. Τhe potentiometers, gives you sweet changes to your ears.

Before somedays, i gone at a music store with my lp, to buy somethings. The man, who was found there, asked me if he could play my lp ( He thought that i had a gibson ).

When he saw the tokai, he asked me some information about the constructor and reported that if you don't have a gibson, you do not have a les paul.

Of course, i smiled and i answered him how many Gibson standard les paul had played at his life? He said many.

I gave him the LS180 and let him a couple of minutes to play with her.

Αfterwards from certain moments, he had changed a lot of colours. I remember that : In my 40 years live, i never played a standard so completing , so warm etc, are you sure that is not a gib? She plays much better than any Gib traditional,studio, and any standard which produced the last 13 years from the factory. Do you sell your tokai?

I know a thing, do not see if the instrument is from, Tokai, edwards, Gibson , ibanez e.t.c.
Just listen it, let the quality of woods play and feel it.

Last of all, if you find out there an LS180, buy her without second thought.
:)

I know that are very few at the world but plays fantastic!

Mick,
How do you know Tokai only made (6) of these LS-180 ?
I think I just came across one.

2002 Tokai LS-180
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmwuhrFy

Latest posts

Back