Removed

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool guitar, Violin Finish is awesome.

All the best, enjoy it.

Hmm.... last question on the item page says it's Korean made for sale in Canada - which raises a red flag. Might not be a legit Tokai.....

Wicked_Tone said:
marcusnieman said:
Hmm.... last question on the item page says it's Korean made for sale in Canada - which raises a red flag. Might not be a legit Tokai.....

I saw that on the auction before I bid. For the amount I paid, it still looks to be a good deal as the Seymour Duncan Antiquity pickups alone as a set are about $235. If I am going to spend close to $700+ for a MIJ Tokai in the future, I will definitely consult you guys before I buy. I'll take some detailed photos once I receive the guitar and share them on this forum.

LOL.... might be a nice carrying case for those pickups you bought. Do post pics after you get it.

Wicked_Tone said:
As long as the guitar looks and sounds good, that's all that matters to me.

That is exactly right. What matters in the end is do you enjoy playing the guitar and does it sound good. A few years back, I was in the market for a Les Paul. I checked out dozens and dozens of Gibson Les Pauls and while some of them were okay, they were all overpriced for what I was getting. Then I came across a MIK for Canada Tokai Love Rock, that really did play better than almost every Gibson LP I tried. It was mohogany body and neck, but with a flaming sycamore top. For $600 CDN, that guitar was really sweet, and I did not regret the purchase one bit. I used that guitar for quite a few of the songs on our 3rd and 4th CD's. Now that I was just back in the market for a Les Paul copy, I wished I hadn't sold it. I am happy with the 1981 LS-80 I just purchased, but it really does not play or sound any better than that past MIK that I had. In fact, I find that I am needing to replace the bridge and pups in this 81 LS-80, which I did not need to do with the MIK model.

Tim Z said:
That is exactly right. What matters in the end is do you enjoy playing the guitar and does it sound good..

Well, that's kind of correct...... provided that you didn't pay for an MIJ guitar or an authentic MIK.

There are plenty of fakes being pedaled for something other than they are. Rule of thumb.... check first before you pull the trigger.

But that's my point. AFAICS, this eBay auction clearly stated that it was a MIK Love Rock. Now the Love Rocks that are marketed in Canada are MIK, but that doesn't mean they are any worse than any other MIK Love Rock. Besides, he only paid $479 US for this guitar, so if it is anything close to the MIK Love Rock I had, that is a good price for a very playable guitar. I guess I do not see where the fraud or misrepresentation is here, when it appears to be all clearly stated up front. If this was a MIJ Love Rock, we all know it would be way more $$$, and while it would have nicer woods and stock components, it does not necessarily mean it will play or sound better. ;)

Sorry, but I would much prefer to spend/save my $ on a real Tokai,
even if that means working harder to save more.
Who knows what that thing is! It Tries to pass itself off as Tokai, then Korean, Then made for Canadian market ... but I doubt that as well.
Lets stop buying this ****.
Tokai did not make that guitar.
I'm gonna be a hard *** here, please don't tell me ..."I like it , it's actually a pretty good guitar... that's all that matters"
Wise up and get your money back!

As for the clips on youtube ... sorry again but that is so pathetic.
How the Fakai could anyone buy based on those nasty YT clips.

The one screw truss-rod cover is a dead give away that it's a fakai,
fair enough if your happy with the guitar, but just don't call it a Tokai,

because it's not :roll:

If you do decide to keep it, baring in mind that I got a 25 year old Love rock ls60/80 for 620 Canadian dollars, 400 uk pounds - personally I would get a new waterslide decal made up.

Even the gibbo's fans have this problem. I dont know if any of you have come across a gibsUn? Where the O just has a little extra taken out to make it a U. I saw one the othe day and it was an 'allright' guitar - the original bigsby is what nearly made me get it but I didnt want to buy into the fakery because I KNEW that it was a fibson (a name I'm patenting for comedy value 8) .

People here are quite precious and passionate about the tokai brand, as you might have allready guessed and the whole fakai thing is annoying, but I'm amazed at how chilled the OP is about it. But yeah - I'd scrap the logo and the TRC and get a new one put on. (and then work out how to remove that awfull shpeil that will no doubt be plastered on the back of the headstock.)

Wicked_Tone said:
Also, I will be truthful to let anyone know that if I ever part with this guitar the fact that it is not an official Love Rock model from Tokai.

"Not an official Love Rock Model from Tokai" is putting it very mildly....it's an illegal fake produced & manufactured by criminals.

Think about that when you're playing it. :)

Thanks for being rude and preachy! I won't waste my time on this board any further with people such as yourself with they're arrogant, pissy comments. So long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wicked_Tone said:
Thanks for being rude and preachy! I won't waste my time on this board any further with people such as yourself with they're arrogant, pissy comments. So long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

istockphoto_6239001-dummy-spit.jpg

tsk ya naughty lot !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back