Removed

Tokai guitar discussion

Moderators: ian, ned

Wicked_Tone
Plucker

Post by Wicked_Tone » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:42 pm

Edited.
Last edited by Wicked_Tone on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wicked_Tone
Plucker

Post by Wicked_Tone » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:44 pm

Edited.
Last edited by Wicked_Tone on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diamond
Guitar God

Post by Diamond » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:04 pm

Wicked_Tone wrote:Also, I will be truthful to let anyone know that if I ever part with this guitar the fact that it is not an official Love Rock model from Tokai.
"Not an official Love Rock Model from Tokai" is putting it very mildly....it's an illegal fake produced & manufactured by criminals.

Think about that when you're playing it. :)

Wicked_Tone
Plucker

Post by Wicked_Tone » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:31 pm

Thanks for being rude and preachy! I won't waste my time on this board any further with people such as yourself with they're arrogant, pissy comments. So long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DrillerKiller
Sus4add11

Post by DrillerKiller » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:35 pm

Wicked_Tone wrote:Thanks for being rude and preachy! I won't waste my time on this board any further with people such as yourself with they're arrogant, pissy comments. So long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tsk ya naughty lot !!!

Special K
Guitar God

Post by Special K » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:01 pm

Wicked-Tone,

Mocking, kicking around, is not the point at all.
Yeah post could be kinder at times.
But
Really a lot of knowing folks here.
And trying to help as well.

If you decide to keep that mentioned guitar... then yeah, let's hear about it, and share pic's, it helps to inform us all.

Your post are important as there is a general opinion from this Forum that Tokai claims not to have licensed that guitar. But who knows "....The Whole Story.."

Let's find out.

leadguitar_323
Guitar God

Post by leadguitar_323 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:16 pm

Well done special K,you've done it again... :roll:

Wicked tone, forget the ramblings of this bloke and ask all the questions you like, special K knows nothing about these guitars. I would be glad to tell you anything you would like to know about the fake Tokai's as i have been in touch with Tokai and a couple of guys in Canada and have hundreds of pictures of the fakes. I can give you just about any info you need or would like to know about these guitars as i have researched these for over 2 years, this is NOT speculation, it is all proven and verified. Sorry about the small minded rubbish you have had to put up with as most members are great people.

Mick
so many guitars....so little money...

Minoupark
Guitar God

Post by Minoupark » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:29 pm

Great way of treating a new member who was just excited about his new purchase. Some of you really know how to welcome a newbie.

Let's not forget that most Tokai guitars are knockoffs of Gibsons and Fenders. Some snobs on this forum wouldn't have bought a Tokai when it first came out 30 years ago cause it just isn't a Gibson or a Fender. You guys are forgetting what Tokai stands for: quality guitars without ridiculous price tags. A no name brand becomes a brand name and it appears to have its share of blind followers and pretenders.

About the "criminals" making the fakais, the name Les Paul is a registered trademark and thus Tokai has been a criminal in the past. I think that is a little too extreme a statement. It is true that using trademarks without a licence is illegal. But Wicked Tone found out and knew the guitar was a fake, and he still was happy with what he had.

leadguitar_323
Guitar God

Post by leadguitar_323 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:16 am

About the "criminals" making the fakais, the name Les Paul is a registered trademark and thus Tokai has been a criminal in the past. I think that is a little too extreme a statement. It is true that using trademarks without a licence is illegal. But Wicked Tone found out and knew the guitar was a fake, and he still was happy with what he had.
Only in western law, How can Japan be doing this illegally when it doesn't recognise western law. The Japanese have never had "copyright" laws because they are always trying to make things better than the last attempt, so throughout Japans history imitation has always been in some ways a form of flattery along the way to perfection. They took a design that had merit and reproduced it to a higher standard as they always have, all the copyright laws did for companies like Gibson was to let them sit on their laurels and get complacent, making crap guitars for a premium, the Japanese have helped them lift their game. I agree with the rest of your post... :wink:

Mick
so many guitars....so little money...

Minoupark
Guitar God

Post by Minoupark » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:38 am

They do have copyright laws which are similar to those in the west, along with laws for other intellectual properties. Whether those laws were stringently enforced in the late 70's is a different issue and was probably what you were intending to address. I guess back in those days Japan was much like China in the present day. There were cases of conspicuous infringement of intellectual property, but the authorities just did not enforce the rules :-?

Ozeshin
Guitar God

Post by Ozeshin » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:51 am

I tend to agree with Special K's sentiments....maybe there was a better way of approaching it sure...but I understand where he was coming from.
We all get frustrated by people continuing to say things like..."I don't care what you guys say...I'll continue to call my guitar an unofficial Tokai"....although i really don't think this was the original poster's intentions.
If someone is happy with their purchase REGARDLESS of whether it's a Tokai or not then more power to them...

DrillerKiller
Sus4add11

Post by DrillerKiller » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:45 am

Ozeshin wrote:If someone is happy with their purchase REGARDLESS of whether it's a Tokai or not then more power to them...
well said :D

poor lad,but i do understand where the fakery frustration comes from ...

JVsearch
Guitar God

Post by JVsearch » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:04 am

Ozeshin wrote:I tend to agree with Special K's sentiments....maybe there was a better way of approaching it sure...but I understand where he was coming from.
We all get frustrated by people continuing to say things like..."I don't care what you guys say...I'll continue to call my guitar an unofficial Tokai"....although i really don't think this was the original poster's intentions.
If someone is happy with their purchase REGARDLESS of whether it's a Tokai or not then more power to them...
There had been a consensus reached that in fact these Korean Canadian LPs were pretty good guitars, at least as good as the actual Korean Tokais, hadn't there?

There are some other fakes that have unknown body wood, necks made in 3 parts and rubbish hardware that are, basically firewood (but don't breathe any of the smoke), but the Canadian ones from Korea are at least still properly constructed LPs aren't they?
Totally biased towards Japanese made guitars.

Diamond
Guitar God

Post by Diamond » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:55 am

lol

How much money does Tokai Japan make when a Fakai is manufactured and sold?
Answer - nothing.

So please explain to me why the producer of the Fakais is not a criminal?

Diamond
Guitar God

Post by Diamond » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:56 am

Minoupark wrote:
Let's not forget that most Tokai guitars are knockoffs of Gibsons and Fenders. .
Except Tokai doesn't put the name Gibson or Fender on their headstocks...or did you forget about that?