End of discussion !?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

labbi

Reaction score
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=116720#116720

Hi Ned

Thats not a very nice way to end a discussion.
I would actually call it quite rude compared to the general tone during the discussion, it actually makes me feel you favor some members more than others and that it?s not allowed to have diverting point of views than those accepted by you.

Tokai Joe- Thumbs up !

:evil:

I couldn't agree more :evil:

I think we were all talking politely and in peace, giving voice to everybody, with no bad words or rudeness.

If we can't discuss the ban of a brother member and we have to do just what Ned says and that's "the end of the story", just call this web Ned's forum and not "Tokai registry" because it is not.

We're not all we are! :evil:

To be fair to Ned he didn't say we couldn't talk about it just the TJ won't be back, regardless of my, or anyone elses opinions about this, it's Ned's forum and he must have his reasons.

As I have stated in the previous thread, ?I have been a member of many online forums, and continue to be a member of several?.

The following is my opinion only, and applies to any online forum.

Any online forum exist only because of the interest that it?s owners & it?s moderators have in the subject matter at hand.
It is only because of these forum owners & moderators that any of these forums exist.

It cost real money, and real time to host these online forums.

Any online forum?s greatest attribute is it?s general membership, and as such the greater membership should always be served.

When any online forum welcomes any member into it?s ranks, you become a member of the family but not a permanent member. Membership depends solely on the good behavior, and the goodwill of it?s individual members.

Members do not always agree with other members, and members do not always agree with the owners, or the moderators but a certain modicum of decorum must be followed, or all Hell will eventually break out.

The bottom line is, Ned invited us all here, it?s his forum, and he can do what he likes.

I for one am glad Ned has been such a graceful host here on the TF.

This thread should have never started, because it is quite obvious that Ned was not digging the discussion of the previous thread.

The first two post in this thread are the equivalent of a family member being invited into another member?s house for a meal, and then spitting in the host?s face.

I shudder to think what Ned will think of the above first two posts .... fair warning folks ....

labbi said:

Hi Ned

I would actually call it quite rude compared to the general tone during the discussion, it actually makes me feel you favor some members more than others and that it?s not allowed to have diverting point of views than those accepted by you.

Tokai Joe- Thumbs up !

ganzua said:

I think we were all talking politely and in peace, giving voice to everybody, with no bad words or rudeness.

If we can't discuss the ban of a brother member and we have to do just what Ned says and that's "the end of the story", just call this web Ned's forum and not "Tokai registry" because it is not.

JohnA said:
To be fair to Ned he didn't say we couldn't talk about it just the TJ won't be back

Excuse me but yes he did because he closed the other thread with an "end of the story" and that's all.

MIJvintage, I really have nothing against you, I think I never had a problem with you or with nobody in this forum or other forums and I really respect your opinion. But I think we can talk about any subject without anybody closing the thread, can't we? We were just talking, not arguing or demanding. If we are not allowed to talk, sorry but this is not a forum anymore :evil:

MIJvintage said:
As I have stated in the previous thread, ?I have been a member of many online forums, and continue to be a member of several?.

The following is my opinion only, and applies to any online forum.

Any online forum exist only because of the interest that it?s owners & it?s moderators have in the subject matter at hand.
It is only because of these forum owners & moderators that any of these forums exist.

It cost real money, and real time to host these online forums.

Any online forum?s greatest attribute is it?s general membership, and as such the greater membership should always be served.

When any online forum welcomes any member into it?s ranks, you become a member of the family but not a permanent member. Membership depends solely on the good behavior, and the goodwill of it?s individual members.

Members do not always agree with other members, and members do not always agree with the owners, or the moderators but a certain modicum of decorum must be followed, or all Hell will eventually break out.

The bottom line is, Ned invited us all here, it?s his forum, and he can do what he likes.

This thread should have never started, because it is quite obvious that Ned was not digging the discussion of the previous thread.

The first two post in this thread are the equivalent of a family member being invited into another member?s house for a meal, and then spitting in the host?s face.

I shudder to think what Ned will think of the above first two posts .... fair warning folks ....

labbi said:

Hi Ned

Tokai Joe- Thumbs up !

ganzua said:

Hi Mr Vintage

I think your previous post is highly flammable, not only do you repeat what I am saying, you take it to new and totally irrelevant levels, likening it to being invited to a private party, and spitting people in the face- I think you should consider your symbolism for a while and have it adjusted a bit because right now it is out of tune.
This is not a private party, this is an online Forum and if the moderator- in this case Ned can?t handle that some of the guys here feel violated and for once use the angry smiley provided to them by Ned himself for occasions like this, because suddenly a totally legit discussion is ended in an impolite manner I think that is not very cool.

If there is something you don?t understand by what I am saying I can repaet it again.

:lol:

MIJvintage said:

labbi & ganzua,

It Ned's house, not mine.

I'm glad to be a guest here, and as a guest I'm not going to piss off the host, or do anything to create the idea that I am hostile with the host.

If anyone has a beef with Ned, then maybe a PM would work better than publicly bashing him :wink:

None of this is needed ........................

What some members are unaware of or have forgotten, is that Joe indirectly threatened the existence of the Tokai Forum on at least a couple of occasions to my knowledge.

I really liked the majority of his posts and he was given a second chance, which I thought he blew, so at the end of the day it's really not worth the risk to us all.

Thanks to Ned for taking the long view.

MIJvintage said:
MIJvintage said:

labbi & ganzua,

I'm glad to be a guest here, and as a guest I'm not going to piss off the host, or do anything to create the idea that I am hostile with the host.

If anyone has a beef with Ned, then maybe a PM would work better than publicly bashing him :wink:

None of this is needed ........................

You are simply repeating what you allready stated, and as such I can only repeat what I allready said. This is not a private party, this is not Ned?s house even you seem to think so, this is an online Forum, how many times do I have to repeat myself ?
And to that I can add this: If I feel this is needed who are you to say it?s not ? Do we have similar interrests ? No, I don?t think so, and that is the beauty of online communities. We can discuss things even we have different agendas. My agenda is that I feel a totally legit discussion was ended, and maybe you should give Ned a chance to speak up for himself, because it seems you have decided to speak for him.

:wink:

MIJvintage said:
labbi & ganzua,

Excuse me again but if this is only Ned's house, there must be some miss-using of the Tokai registered trade mark going on and I'm afraid that sooner or later Tokai owners will have something to say.

I really thought I was in a public forum about Tokai, not in the private forum of somebody. If so, I really can't say anything else because this forum is under the will of a particular man.

I do not speak for Ned, and have no illusion, nor delusion to do so.

I suggested (for you) a PM to Ned, if you so desire, and maybe Ned would reply.
If someone suggest you PM a moderator, why would you say they are speaking for the mod?

Ned spoke (for himself) in the previous thread, and I'm quite confident that he will speak (for himself) again, soon.

Cheers ...............

MIJvintage said:
I do not speak for Ned, and have no illusion, nor delusion to do so.

Ned spoke for himself, in the previous thread, and I'm quite confident that he will speak (for himself) again, soon.

Cheers ...............

Thank you for your confidence !
:D

Ned doesn't often put his foot down, he's an ego-free forum owner, unlike many others (anyone ever tried the Fender Forum? Anyone who even dared to politely question the list owner would be banned straight off!).

In the light of that, I find it much easier to accept his decisions. I may (or may not) agree with him, but be fair guys - how often does Ned ban people or shut down discussions?

Mike

stratman323 said:
Ned doesn't often put his foot down, he's an ego-free forum owner, unlike many others (anyone ever tried the Fender Forum? Anyone who even dared to politely question the list owner would be banned straight off!).

In the light of that, I find it much easier to accept his decisions. I may (or may not) agree with him, but be fair guys - how often does Ned ban people or shut down discussions?

Mike

Hi Mike

What aspects of what I write do you find out of line or unfair ?

Labbi

stratman323 said:

Mike

Hey Mike! :D

We were just talking everybody there nice and easy, there was no reason to close the thread. It really made me feel like if I was doing something wrong. :-?

If we come to the point that we can't talk politely and respectfully about any topic we are going really asswards.

labbi said:
Hi Mike

Labbi

I didn't say you were being unfair, I'm just defending Ned's right to moderate the forum he set up.

stratman323 said:
labbi said:
Hi Mike

Labbi

I didn't say you were being unfair, I'm just defending Ned's right to moderate the forum he set up.

Well if I wasn?t being unfair or out of line or speaking in inflammatory ways I can hardly see how this relates or even interferes with Ned?s natural right to moderate this forum or not.

And for the sake of the good vibe and new year and all I will now shut up and go to bed.

Goodnight Gentlemen (or goodmorning depending on where you live)

:D

stratman323 said:
(anyone ever tried the Fender Forum? Anyone who even dared to politely question the list owner would be banned straight off!)

Mike

Yes. That other list owner also expects his members to pay handsome contributions of cash for the privilege.
:eek:

Hi guys, i see absolutely no reason for that thread to be locked, it was a civil discussion and NOTHING had gotten out of hand. I get along with both sides concerned in the banning issue and i can see MIJ's point as do others but there was no good reason as far as i and others are concerned as to why that thread was locked, actually i think its a complete over reaction, that is of course unless someone had been complaining to Ned about it, which would be rather petty as there was NOTHING absurd about that thread at all.
Something else that SHOULD be taken into account is that Joe was a source of some of the most informative posts on this forum and unlocked plenty of "secrets" of some of the manufacturers discussed on this forum. Joe has a dislike of MIJ guitar dealers because in his eye's they are responsible for jacking up the prices of these guitars and to a degree i completely understand. I had to intervene in a conversation that Villager was having with Joe that was getting out of hand, a discussion in the PM's sorted all that out, remember it takes 2 to tango and i don't care what anyone thinks, our Japanese friends can be very hard to get along with at times as they see most things in a different light to us westerners, sometimes a little tolerance goes a long way. I can be quite hot headed at times and have never had a problem with any of my Japanese friends and i know plenty of others that through having no understanding just have no tolerance with our Japanese neighbors. I have had some fairly heated conversations with one Japanese contact in particular but because of my understanding of the way the Japanese think i have been able to avoid out of control situations; The internet tends to put everyone on the same level playing field and this in itself causes problems. Actually i am really pissed off that my computer blew up at the time of the discussion that caused Joes demise or i could have stopped it before it had gotten out of hand. Any one here that has dealt directly with Joe knows he is a honest guy that goes well out of his way to help. It is a shame that it all ended up like this.......

Mick

It is a shame that it all ended up like this...
After reading the threds associated with this topic, I am pleased we have a moderator that is thorough, diligent, and fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back