Located a Silverstar (80's) in Japan...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cliffd64

Reaction score
I was able to hunt down a Tokai Silverstar (late 80's model - Fender 70's style headstock) in excellent condition at a small guitar shop in Japan.

INCLUDING shipping from Japan to my house in the US (shipping is actually more than the guitar), the total price is less than $350 US Dollars. Is this a good deal?

Hi,
I just picked up a gorgeous '79 SIlver Star on eBay for a little under $300 inc S&H from Japan and it's amazing. I can't comment on the late 80s models but this one's a peach! You've probably got a safe bet there.
What I really like about the Silver Stars is the big headstock, it really sets it apart from other strat copies.
Kinda weird tho', to start reproducing a 70s strat in 1979!? I normally stay away from 3-bolt necks but couldn't resist this one at that price.
Take it easy, Joe

Further update:

This Silverstar that I located is actually no later than a 1984 according to the details I was given. It's on its way via EMS to me in the States now. I should have it in about a week or two. For a total price including shipping of less than $350, I think I made out rather well :smile: I will post pictures when it arrives.

Back