LS85F, LS95F are they the same thing?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warxy

Reaction score
Hi, as topic says, are the LS85F and LS95F the same thing but a change in model? just like how ALS43 ~ ALS48
i am confused after seeing that LS95F on the Guitarist Australia Mag and people talking about both model.
sorry if this is some sort of repost.

Kindly regard,

Ben

oh ok
that clear things out.
but is there any differences besides the price and years?
thanks a lot anyway! :)

Tokai - nice guitars, stupid model numbers! Imagine if the model number of a car changed every time the price went up!

:roll:

Mike

The good thing is, for the moment, it seems all the model numbers are the same now all around the world.

At one stage, the same guitars were listed with different model numbers all over the place.

A simple system that can appear quite complicated very quickly.

ARGHHHHHH
i'm going crazy abt tokai.......

here's the question~
WHAT EXACT IS A LS125 SEB? i cant find this model at all!!!!!!

and can some1 help me? what does a tokai guitar come with normally?
just a key? a pick guard? a cable? that's all? isn't there any user manual???

thanks man!!

http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www1.odn.ne.jp/tokaigakki/&ei=CkGXSfrpMYKqsAOHz-mLAQ&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=6&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DTokai%2Bgakki%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

Look at this, it may help.

Mick

iceberry said:
ARGHHHHHH
i'm going crazy abt tokai.......
and can some1 help me? what does a tokai guitar come with normally?
just a key? a pick guard? a cable? that's all? isn't there any user manual???

thanks man!!
what i want to know too.
i dont really get the website Mick.

Just have a close look at the "exploded" view of the SEB guitar. It is made of a pile of small cross cut pieces sandwiched between a top and bottom piece. It is supposed to allow the vibrations from the strings travel better to the top where it is picked up by the pickups, increased sustain. I have read some very good reviews on these guitars.

Iceberry, why on earth do you need a user manual, don't you know what a guitar does?... :p

Mick

leadguitar_323 said:
need a user manual, don't you know what a guitar does?... :p

Mick

Fenders come with an instruction manual - it's one of the most useless documents I've ever read!

hey guys just few more questions:
what is flamed sycamore and quilted maple? are they just the term for the look of the maple top?
are they more expensive than a normal 2 pcs maple top?
and do they affect the sound or of the guitar? or anything else?

also what are the differences between a Tokai love rock with a mahogany top and one with a maple top in terms of sound, playability, etc.. ?

thanks guys, im asking these because i decided to get either a LS85F, LC85S or a LS75, hopefully at the end of the end when i have enough money.

Regard!
Ben

A laminated top means that a different wood has been layered onto the maple, in this case sycamore. The idea is it gives the guitar a nice flamed look without the cost of a pure maple flame.

At least that's my understanding.

Flamed and quilted are just terms for the patterns in the wood. Flamed loos like tiger stripes, quilted looks like water.

The differences are cosmetic only. On the medium-priced tokais the effect is achieved with a thin laminate.

Paladin2019 said:
Flamed and quilted are just terms for the patterns in the wood. Flamed loos like tiger stripes, quilted looks like water.

The differences are cosmetic only. On the medium-priced tokais the effect is achieved with a thin laminate.

And on some if the Fender Japan Strats, the effect is achieved by "fotoflame" - basically a photocopy of flamed maple stuck to the top of the body. Ghastly! :eek:

stratman323 said:
Paladin2019 said:

And on some if the Fender Japan Strats, the effect is achieved by "fotoflame" - basically a photocopy of flamed maple stuck to the top of the body. Ghastly! :eek:
oh that sounds bad :eek:

anyway, what bout the few model i mentioned? which one would be better?

All the models you listed are similar in sound construction and quality. LS means "standard" and LC means like "custom". LC85S, LCxxxS looks like a "G" custom but the construction is the same as in "G" standard i.e. mahogany topped with maple cap. If you a want a original "custom" imitating construction i.e. solid mahogany body, take a look at the models LCXX or LCxxx without the S.

Matti

mattim said:
All the models you listed are similar in sound construction and quality. LS means "standard" and LC means like "custom". LC85S, LCxxxS looks like a "G" custom but the construction is the same as in "G" standard i.e. mahogany topped with maple cap. If you a want a original "custom" imitating construction i.e. solid mahogany body, take a look at the models LCXX or LCxxx without the S.

Matti

alright thanks a lot for the information, but i dont understand what do you mean by orginal "custom" imitating construction.

also seen the catalogue that these model are the same price except LS75, since the LC85 is a custom, shouldnt it be more expensive than the LS85F?

Cheers

Ben

A "custom" is a different style guitar than a "standard". Different inlays and binding and different machine heads as well. I think you have "custom" mixed up with "custom order".

Mick

Back