Calling All Tokai Experts

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brokentoes

Reaction score
Hello i'm looking for some clarification on the new (to me) guitar i just purchased.I just love the guitar and can't say enough good things about it. It has re-inspired me back into guitar its that good. anyway it is my first Tokai and i was wondering if an expert could give me some details about it. I tried to do the research myself but there is conflicting data and i dont know what to believe. It is a tv yellow tj60 (i think) style Love Rock guitar and the thing just smokes. The serial number on the back is stamped 000458 all though i'm not sure about the 4. It's got a few dings and scratches but nothing much and it plays like a white hot knife going through butter.

Brokentoes

The conflicting data for me has been the fact that both 1980 and 2000 would have the same serial number so how do i tell ?? Some people tell me they weren't making these in 1980 and some say they were. There are some catalogs but there is never a picture or mine until the later years. I'd Like to know What year it was made, if it was made in japan or where ? I'm NOT a guitar expert and I hate taking stuff apart because I'm a bit of a train wreck and i don't know what to look for anyway. I've just recently purchased this guitar used and just looking at it , It could easily be from 1980 or 2008, I am very impressed with everything about it, and I'm very curious now about it's history, anything you could tell me to help date it one way or another or anything about this particular model would be greatly appreciated.

thanx togps I was wondering , I guess that means it's from 2000, would it be from japan ? There are no letters so i suppose it is but it doesn't say Made In Japan anywhere I can see.

Back