• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: MiJ Les Paul (Europe)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheya

Reaction score
Hi folks!

After many nights spent thinking about these fabulous guitars, I have decided to purchase one (in order to find my sleep back) :)

So, here is what I would love to find:

A MiJ LP (whether a Tokai or a Burny or an ObG) in Tobacco Burst/Cherry Sunburst/ Lemon Drop or Gold Top.
Besides, I prefer a nice plain top than a flamed one.
I would like to try a vintage model (pre 1894 Tokai, Burny RLG, or LPR/LPS ObG for instance).
As I live in France, a guitar located in Europe would make things a lot easier.
Last but not least, i can't spend more than 900 euros for it.

I'm waiting for you to fulfill my dreams!

Best regards,

Sheya

Hello,

I was after one recently - I've got one now, but can I point you in the direction of a couple of the helpful responses i got to my wtb ad from people who had similar for sale (hope the other posters dont mind)..

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=15955 (located in France - beautfiul looking ls-65)

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=127411#127411 (located in Scotland)

Cheers

Jonathan

I have a Tokai LP Custom listed for $1050 (Australian Dollars), which would be well within your budget of 900 euros, even with shipping. It's not a "vintage" model, but it's basically a reissue of a 60s LP Custom... and you don't have to worry about fretwear or other issues with old guitars.

Thanks Jonathan, I really appreciate your help! I've checked the guitars -they are nice btw- but i'd really love to try an oldie better than a "new" model.

Shan, the point is that i'd have to pay duties, because your instrument isn't located within the EU. I believe i'd have to pay 23% of the price+shipping, and I can't afford that. But I thank you for your offer. ;)

Hi Sheya,as a french citizen you should contact Mark Fletcher,livin in departement Lot.He is a collector and dealer for premium MIJ guitars and forum member.I can promise that you will not sleep anymore after visiting his site japanguitars.co.uk :lol:

I've already contacted Mark, his guitars are a bit above what I can pay, but maybe I'll find it there! ;) Thanks for the piece of advice, btw!

Thanks looktoyourorb for the piece of information! I'm fond of this color, the plaintop is really nice, imo.

I remember a nice plain top tokai les paul reborn here in the classified section last week in your price range.

Yes,that's the one.Looks gorgeous and Reborns are rare and this one seems to be in great condition.Perhaps the price is a little negotiable to fit and you get a great guitar :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOKAI-LOVE-ROCK-LS65-2002-JAPANESE-MODEL-/330454948487?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4cf0a65a87

Super bargain and great looking love rock. Not mine btw!

Yes thanks! In your opinion, what does this ls65 worth? I mean, how much would you pay for a guitar like this one?

I would probably pay up to 300-380 pounds (it includes a case I think) - that's 360 to 450 Euros.

Not to forget I would splash the rest of your budget on another guitar!!!

Elle est vraiment tres belle!

Thanks for everything looktoyourorb. I've contacted the seller, I'm waiting for an answer by now!

Nice french, btw. ;)

Back