What have i bought

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

57_relic

Reaction score
Hi , 1st post with lots of questions :D

I've owned a lot of tokai strats including my current age reliced and fender badged fave ( sorrry about the fender bit )

However i won this on e bay , and for 137 quid i'm chuffed to say the least !!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230477931575&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

And while i know its a tokai body i'm not sure about the neck as it has more of a soft v than other tokais i've had along with flaming of the maple in certain parts . There is no headstock logo and neither is there a trace of one .

The frets have lacquer build up on the edges which is very reminiscent of fender in the eighties ... whats you thoughts ?

The serial number is 12215 and it looks extremely old and weathered , there is a U stamped on the original middle pickup and on the inner middle pick up cavity on the body its marked 7 = 10 . There is no date stamp on the neck .... any help clearing up the date of manufacture and anything else would be very much appreciated

Thank's , Mick

57_relic said:
58 views and no comments .... is it that obscure ??

Some pics of the bits that have convinced you that the body is a Tokai would help. From the pics in the ad it could be anything.

Havin trouble getting pics up as my bluetooth is playing up ..... Yeah from the pics it could be anything and i did take a chance , however its definately tokai from the style of serial number in the body , final prospec bridge .... was hoping to get a date of manufacture from the serail number given and some clarfication on the neck ..... will try to get pics up soon

Back