Tokai Premium lead times

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ton of Tone

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm interested in purchasing a new LS250 and having a hard time doing so. I'm not interested in a ULS250, so I have turned to Japanese distributors. I can't locate any in stock and am being told that there's a 6 month wait for a new one from the factory. Does this sound right? I'm uncomfortable waiting this long, as I would have absolutely no purchase protection from my credit cards or Paypal. Are these that hard to find? Any insight would be appreciated...

Update: I just received an email from another authorized distributor in Japan, who notified me that the LS250 has been discontinued and replaced with the LS260. Still no love finding one though... :(

This distributer also directed me to Tokais most recent catalog, which I was not able to find on my own.

Yes, the wait for an LS260 can be up to 6 months...usually about 4 months.

If someone orders a high end Premium Series Tokai model from me I'll get it a lot quicker, but, I won't order the guitar until the customer pays me a 50% deposit.

As a dealer you have a very small window of opportunity with a guitarist...usually about 15 minutes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
After 15 minutes a guitarists mind goes into a wobble, he might not want the guitar any more, the usual story, "I found something else".

If he's paid a 50% deposit you can bet your house he'll be ready to pay the balance when the guitar is ready to ship to him.

wulfman: Kurasawa G Club and Kurasawa Guitar Museum both quoted me "at least 6 months". Groovin Musical Instruments quoted me 4.

Diamond: Do you deal with US customers?

I don't know what exactly you are looking for but some 2005 ish LS-150's had pretty much the same specs as today's LS-260's, here is a nice example for sale. I have no affiliation with the seller. Beautiful guitar though.

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=20473

I have one myself (2005 LS-150), i'm not interested in selling it however but here is an example of the top. If you aren't in the mood to wait perhaps you should put up a "wanted" ad with what you are looking for in the guitar you want etc.

2m34wn4.jpg

wulfman said:
Did you ask G-Club for an LS-260, or try to buy either of their LS-250s in stock?

I had that CS LS-250 in my shopping cart and was waiting for the store to give payment instructions. A couple of days later I got an email stating:
"This Guitar is listed for taking reservations for the next shipment.
Shipping time would be at least 6 months later.
Would you like to confirm the reservation?"

brokentoes said:
I don't know what exactly you are looking for but some 2005 ish LS-150's had pretty much the same specs as today's LS-260's, here is a nice example for sale. I have no affiliation with the seller. Beautiful guitar though.

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=20473

I have one myself (2005 LS-150), i'm not interested in selling it however but here is an example of the top. If you aren't in the mood to wait perhaps you should put up a "wanted" ad with what you are looking for in the guitar you want etc.

I saw that one for sale on this forum, but I'm looking for a cherry burst. The good news is that I'm about to seal a deal with Diamond. My wallet is about to get much lighter... Thanks for all your help!

Latest posts

Back