Tokai PR-Esque Models? Any Opinions?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OutofElement

Reaction score
Hello, all. I've decided to buy an electric guitar, and have been doing research on them over the weekend. Tokai was a name that stood out. Unfortunately, since they're located in Japan and I'm on a limited budget, I didn't really consider them an option (I was set on getting a Godin LG) until I came across this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2384&item=3708584380

It's an MIK (I think) PRS-style guitar. No model, for some reason. I'm pretty sure everything Tokai this guy's sold was a MIK, because they go for way too little to be MIJ (from what I've seen those start at ~$600USD in Japan). So, what do you guys think? Browsing through a few threads, it seems some Korean models are associated with poor quality, but stand-outs do exist. I figured I might be able snatch this at a low price and save a bit instead of spilling around $400 for a Godin, but if it really is driftwood as someone mentioned in several threads, I'll stick with my original choice.

Thanks very much for the info. I think I'll hold off on this one, it looks like bidding will end up over $400USD anyway (already ~$250 with more than 5 days to go). Maybe one day I'll be able to get a Japanese Love Rock... but not anytime soon, hahaha.

Latest posts

Back