Talbo Bass - Wow

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blood Ruby

Reaction score
Well I'm a new owner of a Tokai Talbo Bass.

Model BW-70. I have never even found ANYTHING on a Talbo bass that wasn't aluminum, but sure enough, this a wacky, shark-fin shaped tone monster that has a maple body done in a flawless, deep black gloss finish. This thing is so resonant and tone rich that I can only image how the aluminum models feel and sound. I had been watching it for weeks on ebay and it finally was listed with no reserve and I ended up getting it for $350.00. List price: $1,155.00. It seems it was a NAMM piece from last winter's show. But I'm not sure.

The S/N is 0104842. Does anyone know what year this was made? '01 or '04?

It boggles my mind that there is literally NO presence of the Talbo series or Tsumani guitars in the U.S. No one will even try to get one for you! They are such WELL-MADE guitars, putting many of the USA and Korean factories to shame. I would appreciate hearing from any other Talbo owners (either guitar or bass). I am also VERY interested in finding a Talbo guitar, either a Woody or a metal.

Insanely good bass at this price. Arrived dead mint new, plastic still on PG, PERFECT set up and AMAZING tone!

Link to pics:

http://theguitarcellar.com/ProdImages/woodtalboZ.jpg

I agree Talbos are the perfect strangers among us,myself included.There are several benefits playing an aluminium guitar,but players are very sentimental people and finally choose "classic" models.I am very curious about all the guitars Tokai make/made,FX included(my Tokai stompboxes has begun sometime ago).

Regarding dating 01 must be a 2.001 guitar.That guitar could have been built on 2.001 and introduced at 2.004 NAMM.

eBay eh? I saw that one.

:eek:

I was going to buy it if it didn't get taken. (I didn't end up bidding as I couldn't really justify it since I don't even play bass.)

I want a Talbo so bad though. Right now I'm thinking the cheapest way is to bribe a friend of mine to get one for me when he leaves Japan to come study in the States. :-?

Back