ST100?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ATO said:
Sellers response:

Possible Rock star is unnamed ,, there were only 3 made that are known of to be these specs..

check the comments of Pete Reid in this post he is the owner of no3…

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1051899961518463/permalink/6214776841897390/?sale_post_id=6214776841897390

It’s custom made so no markings on the neck, color is order made.
I will check my old photos for any cavity picks …

Sen ash body

I am proxy selling for my uncle who lives in Japan so it can take some time for questions to be answered.

Lol. That’s the exact same response I got. Word for word.

I’m guessing that a lot of people are questioning this whole story. Doesn’t smell right.

And +1 to everything Peter Mac said.

Run away.

I don't know, the sellers a bit vague but other guy with the 003 guitar lends some credibility.

ATO said:
I don't know, the sellers a bit vague but other guy with the 003 guitar lends some credibility.

I’m not on Facebook. All I see is some guy I don’t know saying he has one. Does he post pictures?

If anyone is seeing other pictures, would you post them here?

Basically the guy who has No. 003 commented on the post. Apparently there is a thread about on the reverb forum and it was decided to be an ST100. This guy has a standard ST100 and believes the custom one in question is a slightly higher spec. Brass nut. Note bridge is different on both guitars.

uUBlG0f.jpg

yYcuSD6.jpg

VOmgnvm.jpg

Very interesting.

Yeah, the saddles on 001 seem to be off a Silver Star I think.

So custom builds. Not an ST100 or any other production model.

Thanks for posting pics.

Too bad the neck on 001 was warped and the truss rod broken.

I wonder if the fretboard could be removed on the 001 and truss rod replaced?

Just found another thread on Facebook 2018 regarding the original 001 guitar with pics with the old neck on. Sold in a Japanese auction for 51k yen. Exactly the same as 003 apart from the bridge.

Agreed. Btw, I think the seller should have posted those pictures of the guitar in tact originally and not been so vague. That would have avoided a lot of confusion that came about by showing it with a replacement neck with Tokai stickers.

He sent me more pics. Color code is GS? Golden Sunburst?.

“7=3 GS A” ?

Note that “GS A” was stamped on custom order 1982 ST120. But it was actually a golden sunburst

cvdBT1G.jpg

Well whatever they are they are certainly high end Springys. Shame about the neck on 001. The guy who owns 003 picked it up for £357 GBP - what a bargain. Nobody knew what it was and he took a punt.

Yeah. I wonder if it was to kick off the new decade? Or some special promotion? Who knows?

Maybe someone in the future will show up with the story.

BTW, he wouldn't tell me who the "Japanese rock star" was.

Back