Silver Star

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATO

Reaction score
There's a guy on one of the Tokai FB pages asking for confirmation of this Silver Star model
It looks to be a standard SS36 or SS42
However the thing that interested me was the body stamp - it's stamped as 6=17 MR Z which as I understand it should be Metallic Red, however this one is a sunburst - above the factory stamp is a hand written 6-16 YS, which I presume means yellow sunburst? which would be correct?
Did this happen a lot? and why has it gone from 6=17 to 6=16 once the colour stamp was corrected?

woC5k3m.jpg

cEm1YNv.jpg

WBwea1L.jpg

T7fKqGd.jpg

xnvqRov.jpg

0C9xDNA.jpg

Yeah that’s weird. YS is definitely yellow sunburst which is the correct color.

Just seems strange that whatever the reason for the wrong colour code, the 6=17 stamp moved to 6=16
I'd love to know why. Someone else on the thread states the **=** stamp is month=batch
This would make sense if this body found it's way into the wrong batch 17, got the wrong stamp and then got moved into the correct batch 16

Nobody knows the answer to that as far as I can tell. Guys on here used to say it referred to month/day but that was proven wrong since numbers can go over 31.

It’s safe to say it’s a matching code, beyond that we are guessing in my opinion.

Maybe the new owners will shed some light on this decades old mystery? 8)

Latest posts

Back