• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Seeking MIJ J.Page/EDS-1275-style double neck guitar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indravayu

Reaction score
Any of you fine folks selling a Jimmy Page/EDS-1275-style MIJ double neck (or do you have a lead on one for me)?

Some models that I am looking for include:

Burny/Fernandes RSG-140JP, FSG-120

Greco SGW-1300, SSW-165
Orville SGD-160, EDS-1275
Aria Pro II (I saw a nice one on Ebay recently, but it sold before I could grab it. No idea what the model number was)
Bacchus - I think they made one, too, but I don't know the model number.

Plus any other quality ones that I might not have heard of yet.

EDIT: I bought forumite Hunter's Burny FSG-120!
- Chris

Well, I just saw this today. http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1981-Burny-EDS-1275-Jimmy-Page-Double-Neck-/300429597577?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item45f2ffdb89

Great find! 2 small errors in the description I think:
1. because of the double ring, double line tuners and absence of serial number (as far as I can see) I would say 1980 in stead of 1981. I can understand the confusion: the 1981 Fernandes catalog page is exactly the same as the 1980.
2. the pups are not VH-1 but L8005.

Thanks, guys - I was actually able to buy the same model guitar from a forum member this week for a lower price. It arrived today and I am quite happy with it!

If you're reading this, thanks again, Bob (a.k.a. hunter)!

- Chris

Nice

burny_5.jpg

jacco said:
1. because of the double ring, double line tuners and absence of serial number (as far as I can see) I would say 1980 in stead of 1981. I can understand the confusion: the 1981 Fernandes catalog page is exactly the same as the 1980.

My 1981 Burny FLG-90 has double ring, Fernandes stamped double line tuners, with Luper Prade and serial number. Maybe they didn't put serial numbers and Luper Prade on the FSG-120's?

2. are you sure they're not "L8001 Vintage" pups?

FYI - These Burnys have a volute - Jimmy's and the Gibson reissue does not. Not that it really affects the playability.

I always scratch my head and wonder why a detail like that (a volute or the lack of one) gets overlooked. I would think that these guitar builders (Burny in this case) were attempting to accurately recreate a guitar from a certain time with obvious distinct features.

zepping said:
jacco said:

My 1981 Burny FLG-90 has double ring, Fernandes stamped double line tuners, with Luper Prade and serial number. Maybe they didn't put serial numbers and Luper Prade on the FSG-120's?

2. are you sure they're not "L8001 Vintage" pups?

1. It's a 1981 indeed, my bad. The seller gave me a serial: 10904
2. No, the catalog states L8005 pups..

Freebird said:
FYI - These Burnys have a volute - Jimmy's and the Gibson reissue does not. Not that it really affects the playability.

I always scratch my head and wonder why a detail like that (a volute or the lack of one) gets overlooked. I would think that these guitar builders (Burny in this case) were attempting to accurately recreate a guitar from a certain time with obvious distinct features.

Sorry, newbie question from a not-so-newbie - what's a neck volute? Read lots about them but never saw a description. :-?

Jason

It's basically a widening of the back of the neck at the nut. So a thicker wood construction on the neck-headstock transition to avoid breakage of the neckjoint.

You can see one here on the lower part of the headstock. They were introduced by Gibson in the "Norlin" era I think.

This is my 1980 Les Paul Navigator

IMG_0174.jpg

indravayu said:
Thanks, guys - I was actually able to buy the same model guitar from a forum member this week for a lower price. It arrived today and I am quite happy with it!

If you're reading this, thanks again, Bob (a.k.a. hunter)!

- Chris

Hope you enjoy her Chris......Thanks for the smooth transaction :)

One on ebay now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1981-Burny-EDS-1275-Jimmy-Page-Double-Neck-/300430464348?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item45f30d155c

Hi - I have an Orville EDS-1275 in great shape that I'm looking to sell... Brought it over from Japan about 10 years ago and it's sat quietly in it's case ever since.

Anyone still looking for one of these?

SuperII said:
Hi - I have an Orville EDS-1275 in great shape that I'm looking to sell... Brought it over from Japan about 10 years ago and it's sat quietly in it's case ever since.

Anyone still looking for one of these?

Is the Orville still for sale?

Back