MAN Band have imploded!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mole Man

Reaction score
Dear Tokai Forum Members,

Recent reports of various ructions from the MAN Band camp and now these apparently conflicting official statements from the MAN Forum:

"Good afternoon everyone,

I am writing to inform you that their have been a series of changes in the band over the past 24 hours. Martin Ace has left the group to form a new outfit, Phil Ryan has also disbanded. Myself and Bob will continue to play as MAN with a new line-up. We hope that you can continue to support the group in this difficult time. We look forward to performing MAN music old and new, as well as looking towards recording new material in the new year.

I wish Martin and Phil all the best for the future.

MAN apologize for any inconvenience caused by the band during the cancellation of the recent gigs, we look forward to seeing you all soon.

Best Wishes,

George Jones.

Man's first gig of the new year will be at the 100 club on Friday 10th April."

"Hello Everyone,
I thought I was pretty clear, but maybe there's been a misunderstanding.
Just to get some things straight, yes, Phil Ryan did leave the band but I certainly did not.
MAN didn't split up but George Jones and Bob Richards have been fired.The reasons for this are not a matter for discussion on this board and the protagonists are fully aware of the facts.
Me and Josh Ace will continue with Rene Robrahn on drums and James Beck on guitar as MAN.
The new album, produced by Phil, won't come out for the upcoming tours of Britain and Germany. We will record another one in January with the new line up.
Best wishes to you all,
Martin Ace"

http://www.manband-archive.com/forum/index.php?topic=223.0

It's a crying shame as having seen the band twice this year on their 40th Anniversary Tour, I can attest that they were gelling superbly musically with returned keyboard player Phil Ryan - in fact informed comment was passed that they had returned to form and were playing some of their best shows ever. Watch this space as certainly this looks set to run and run...

Best regards,
Darren/MM

Latest posts

Back