lss195

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roe

Reaction score
after waiting one year, I finally got my lss195 from edo studios:
lss195
price was good to.

It is a light and resonant guitar with very thick mids while being articulated. not muddy at all. bass is punchy and tight. way better than the two VOS gibsons I tried and better than one old 64 sg special. (however, one late 60s sg special was really good).

I've changed from modern wiring to 50s wiring and installed treble bypass cap/resisors. also, I've installed gottfried's compensated bridge. it intonates ok but not perfect. it seems that the posts is perhaps 1 mm to far from the neck.

I'm thinking about trying prototype for p90s of ilitich/suhr's bpssc. Also, I'm considering lollars.

I played last nights gig with my 45/100 at full volume and a H75 and a H55 in a bogner OS cab. I think this must have been the clearest and most articulated tone I've ever had. I used a treble booster on the most aggressive stuff, mostly relying on the volume knob.

I've just taken delivery of a LSS195 too, many thanks to Mark, aka Tunafreak.

It's the exact one on togps website:-

http://www.tokaiguitar.de/big.php?folder=ls_models&kat=018

Stunning instrument, light, resonant and great tone.

Enjoy your new toy Roe

Chris

f5joe said:
These are spectacular guitars. I'm on the fence right now between one of these and the Gibson Historic version.

Congrats! :D

having tried two gibson historics several times (as well as several sg specials from the 60s), I recommend the tokai lss195. the new gibsons dont even come close. some of the old ones may however. also, the hamer korina special is good if you like a brighter sounding wood and a high output p90

Latest posts

Back