Let me to introduce myself

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smallfloor

Reaction score
I already own several guitars of different shapes, I'm more of a hobby musician who plays in my home than thinking about showing off somewhere on stage or in front of a hotel. I recently purchased a Chinese Tokai Explorer EX73-BB (serial starts with CN....) primarily to protect an existing '06 Gibson Explorer in original condition. I was hunting some of the Edwards EX or Burny REX models but had no luck. Namely, I intend to insert an EMG set (probably 57/66 or 81/85) into the Tokai, because I already have a V with an SD Blackout set, which I am not very enthusiastic about. I play various genres, mainly hairy rock, hard rock, metal, a little thrash, but I can stray into the waters of blues and jazz rock. That's why I thought that maybe the 57/66 set, which I had no contact with, would suit me.
I don't know how the hardware will behave (bridge first) and I would probably replace them at some stage too, I don't know if Faber HYBRIDge-M-NG or ABRM-TG are good enough or if I should look for replacements at TonePros, what's your opinion?
At some stage of the upgrade, maybe the tuners will be replaced with a locking version, but I am most worried that all the electronics from the EMG set will not be able to fit in the opening on the back. Yes, I've seen ny YT finished works but not how they did it. Anyway, I'm glad to be with you.

Back