Is this one likely to be good value?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobK

Reaction score
Was looking for a Black Custom from the 80's, but whilst checking ebay came across this one. Looks rather nice.

Guessing its just a run of the mill 1979 one? ie Nothing really special.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-79-GRECO-LES-PAUL-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-WITH-HARD-CASE-/281232785021?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item417ac7be7d

Any thoughts, advice, info much appreciated.

Bob

Wow, that is quite the clownburst !!! Feb. '79 made. Pancake body by the look of it etc .. I think that if you are looking for a '80's black custom you would be most likely less than thrilled with this guitar. My own opinion mind you.

I personally would just keep my eye out for a black custom, mint collection's come up fairly often and in my opinion can be had for great value. If you don't mind a black standard here's one that's up, with a fair price, not a top of the line model but its a good example.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GRECO-EG59-45-Mint-Collection-Series-1983-Ebony-MIJ-fujigen-/141151273287?pt=Guitar&hash=item20dd458147

Thanks for reply.

Will wait for a decent UK one to come up methinks. Importing is doubtless cheaper (and more to choose from) but heard to many bad stories to be comfortable with it, (import fees, customs hassle, neck breaks etc).

What a wimp I am.

Bob

The benefits of living on a small island, i pretty much always have to risk having a guitar sent to me via mail service. Even within my own country. Patience is your friend, as there are many guitars in this world, always something better if you are willing to wait for it. I've always heard that Tokai's are rather plentiful in your neck of the woods, and they do make a fine guitar. Perhaps a good idea would be to place a classified ad "wanted black custom" with your preferred specs in some of the guitar forums that U.K. members frequent.

Cheers

Back